DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   feature update I would like to see in a firmware update in the JVC line (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/142754-feature-update-i-would-like-see-firmware-update-jvc-line.html)

Alex Humphrey January 30th, 2009 01:58 PM

feature update I would like to see in a firmware update in the JVC line

There has been 1 thing I would like to see in the JVC ProHD line up for a while. Maybe it's in the 200 series but I've never noticed it in the 100 series. Some sort of limiter on the zoom or at least a readout in the LCD/viewfinder of the zoom mm length. I wold love for instance turn off the last 10% of the tele zoom range of my stock 16x lens. That last 10% needs to be avoided even on the best of apertures. I would like to dial out that last 10% so I don't have to think about it.

That's what I would love to see in a firmware update.

William Hohauser January 30th, 2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Humphrey (Post 1004030)
There has been 1 thing I would like to see in the JVC ProHD line up for a while. Maybe it's in the 200 series but I've never noticed it in the 100 series. Some sort of limiter on the zoom or at least a readout in the LCD/viewfinder of the zoom mm length. I wold love for instance turn off the last 10% of the tele zoom range of my stock 16x lens. That last 10% needs to be avoided even on the best of apertures. I would like to dial out that last 10% so I don't have to think about it.

That's what I would love to see in a firmware update.

Neat idea bit I don't know if the lens can be programmed that way. It's a very low tech item. The only part that can be controlled by the camera is the iris.

I would like a firmware update that allows me to change the position of info in the viewfinder and LCD screen. Sometimes all I want is the "rec" and mike levels.

Brian Standing January 30th, 2009 04:08 PM

I want a histogram, like the later Sony models have!

And, as long as we're hoping for a focal-length readout, how about a focal distance readout as well?

Probably too much to ask for in a firmware update. Maybe in the new JVC HM100 and HM700?

Shaun Roemich January 30th, 2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Standing (Post 1004110)
And, as long as we're hoping for a focal-length readout, how about a focal distance readout as well?

These are both already available - on the lens.

Brian Standing January 30th, 2009 04:22 PM

Sure... I mean through the viewfinder. I know the Sony Z7 has this feature, at least with its stock Carl Zeiss lens.

William Hohauser January 31st, 2009 10:30 PM

I would like that for rack focus work in situations where an assistant isn't available (nearly all the time for me). Unfortunately, once again the lens available for the JVC HD cameras probably do not have the feedback circuitry to give out that info.