Weird. 30p in a 30p timeline came out slow motion? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 16th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #1
Major Player

Weird. 30p in a 30p timeline came out slow motion?

it might be a fever (sick in bed for last two days) but after getting around to cleaning up a friend's daughter's soccer game from 2007, the entire 2 hours of footage is slightly slow motion.... There was a data loss in the middle (bad sector or dropped frame?) that lost about 2 seconds of footage. Cut it out and shuttled through the footage cutting out time outs and my refocusing... and spot checked a section it was all slightly slow motion. About the speed that 30p would play in a 24p timeline. Turned off computer waited, rebooted.. still slow. very weird. Anyway, shot it HDV 30p and editing in Final Cut Pro 5. I know I hate 30p and I never pass up an opportunity to bash it, but I shot this before I developed my hatred of 30p redistributed to 24p/60i DVD's. Not the end of the world or anything... rather humorous actually, but weird. I'm guessing something messed up the timing with the dropped frame or bad sector with the timing of the GOP? Oh well, more soup.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #2
Major Player

New timeline

Make a new timeline that's correct; don't remember if 5 will auto fit to the first clip dropped in...; then cut/paste into new timeline...see what happens?
Old February 26th, 2009, 06:08 PM   #3
Major Player

You know I think I was still running a fever over 100'f and I was shuttling through soo much footage wrapped in a blanket with the flue, when I watched it normal everything seeeeemm slow. I rewatched the footage the other day. Looks normal.

So note to self. When home sick in bed for a week, don't worry about editing footage to still make it an earning day. just sleep.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems