Accessories for HD200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 4th, 2009, 03:13 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Accessories for HD200

Hello everyone,
I'm getting very close to purchasing a HD200 and I wanted to see what accessories everyone recommends.

I'm specifically wondering about a wireless mic bracket; porta brace or similiar glove / body armor; etc. Also, what tapes do you use?

Any other info would be helpful.
Marty Jenoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
I use and recommend the JVC branded ProHD tapes, preferably the white/cream cases.

I didn't bother with wireless mounts and just applied velcro to the backs of my batteries and wireless receivers. Works exceedingly well for me.

If you ever use the oncamera mic for wild sound, I'd recommend replacing the toy it comes with. My Sennheiser ME66 lives on the camera when it's not on my boompole.
Old April 6th, 2009, 04:47 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks. I like the wireless mounting box. It makes it easier when I mount 2 wireless mics on my camera. Also makes it easier when I quickly need to change batteries and I can always leave the receiver attached to the camera.

Thanks for the mic suggestion. I have a boom mic that I rarely use and I might as well put it to use.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems