Best UK Feature film award for JVC 201 film at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 9th, 2009, 03:21 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Best UK Feature film award for JVC 201 film

Just thought you might all be interested and pleased to know that a film, Ambleton Delight, shot completely with the JVCGYHD201 camera (+DR-HD100, JVC HD monitor and 35mm lenses and adapter) has just been awarded Best UK Feature Film 2009 at The End of the Pier International Film Festival in England. Producer/writer Itsuka Yamasaki and myself were present to accept the award which was presented by Cineworld Cinemas.. For more information, please visit the official website: Ambleton Delight -Entry.

The 112 minute feature film, was premiered to an audience of about 200 at the Ritz cinema, in Worthing, West Sussex and stars respected Coronation street actor Brian Capron, as well as a host of English talent and locations. The story follows a forward thinking restaurant chef who is the only one in a conservative Sussex village that supports a proposed motorway, and the ramifications this has on his business and family, leading to both inspiration and devastation, as seen through the eyes of a young restaurant pianist.

A new trailer and festival release pattern to be announced soon.
Old May 9th, 2009, 05:16 AM   #2
Trustee

Dan,

I followed your posts here on your work with the camera and lens adapter, and I'm so happy your work got this recognition! Congratulations!

Ted
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:10 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Nice image!

Hi, Dan, congratulations for the award. I have saw the trailer and sorprise me the soft skin detail and the natural warm color in the faces, the overall natural color is very pleasent, that you forget is was shot with a video camera of our family!. Could I know which base settings did you use? 60p, 24p frame rate?
Congratulations again!
Saul Martinez
Old May 9th, 2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Ted and Saul, I appreciate the comments.

It's really thanks to guys such as yourselves who post information on this forum that such a film is possible. I'm particularly indebted to Tim Dashwood and Paolo Ciccone whose information has been invaluable.

In answer to your questions Saul, we filmed mostly at 25p, using Paolo Ciccone's latest True Colour for the JVC200 cameras, but with a slight alteration to reduce the reds (as this was particularly apparant in skin tones, especially since the stock lens was mostly wide open). Actually the footage in that trailer is raw -completely untreated, so is testament to what this camera really can do. However, we have colour corrected slightly since, a new trailer will be posted shortly. We also filmed some sections of the film in 60p, for a slow motion effect, with good and bad results, as I am sure you can guess!

Dan
Old May 11th, 2009, 03:38 AM   #5
Major Player

Congratulations, Dan !
Claude Mangold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Congratulations Dan!
Old May 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM   #7
Trustee

Congratulations!
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 03:35 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks for your congratulations guys!

But in this case I think praise should be rightly heaped on the camera, which has excelled itself, as I knew it would.
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:46 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Congratulations! Brilliant!

I have the HD110 and used the True Color recipe, and also found the reds a bit much. I had to turn the red down also. Now it looks great.
Tom Koveleskie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems