Official trailer for ProHD film released at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 21st, 2009, 08:36 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Official trailer for ProHD film released

Hi guys

A 720p HD 'zombie' official trailer for the award winning film Ambleton Delight has been released this week. All footage shot on the JVC 201 camera, edited using Cineform.

Vimeo: Ambleton Delight Trailer on Vimeo
YouTube: YouTube - Ambleton Delight Official Trailer HD Version
IMDB: IMDb Video: Ambleton Delight Trailer
Direct download: Ambleton Delight -Downloads

The camera/adapter and film is featured in JVC's latest Highway magazine (Issue 8) in the UK, with a front cover photo and two page spread.

JVC Professional Europe - Highway magazine

We didn't contact them -they contacted us after seeing an earlier post here on the DVinfo! So JVC must keep tabs on this forum...

Regards
Dan
Old June 30th, 2009, 01:16 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Dan, the trailer looks great.
The shot with the house turning from day to night looks awesome.
What lenses did you use?
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:54 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Colemont View Post
Indeed. Really nice.
Juan Todoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 06:05 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Colemont View Post
Hi Dan, the trailer looks great.
What lenses did you use?
Thanks for the comments guys. The film was primarily shot using Minolta primes -28mm, 50mm and 135mm (!). That particular day-night transition shot is actually a visual effect -we filmed the exterior jib shot during the day (overcast) and created a night transition in post using After Effects.
Old July 4th, 2009, 08:28 AM   #5
Trustee

I just looked at the Youtube version and that was really great. Nice exposure throughout.

Couple of techo questions.
What did you edit in? and when you say Cineform, did you capture to this and if so did you capture at the resoultion you shot in.

Great stuff.
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:22 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Ash View Post
I just looked at the Youtube version and that was really great. Nice exposure throughout.

Couple of techo questions.
What did you edit in? and when you say Cineform, did you capture to this and if so did you capture at the resoultion you shot in.

Great stuff.
Thanks for the feedback Simon. We shot 1280x720 at 25p to a DR-100 firestore harddrive, and the files were then converted into Cineform 1280x720 HD files for the edit. The film was edited in CS3 Premiere Pro, along with the Adobe suite (After Effects and Audition especially). I have to say it has been the smoothest workflow I have ever experienced ( have tried Matrox in the past but found it had issues).
Old July 6th, 2009, 12:56 PM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parkes View Post
I have to say it has been the smoothest workflow I have ever experienced ( have tried Matrox in the past but found it had issues).
How did you monitor for color grading? (What equipment/monitors/output cards did you use on what computer, PC or Mac)?

Thanks!
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Walker View Post
How did you monitor for color grading? (What equipment/monitors/output cards did you use on what computer, PC or Mac)?

Thanks!
Hi Jack

As the opening gambit in the trailer indicates, this feature was shot on next-to-nothing, so one principle we introduced was to shoot using a JVC HD monitor and to get the colours right on set, in-camera, as much as possible (the film has gritty black and white flashback sequences contrasted with glossy, heavily satuated village scenes). It meant we could release a teaser during the middle of production that was ungraded, and only a small part of the finished film was graded in post -in the NLE and AE. I did hook up the HD monitor once or twice during post via DVI and the NVIDIA card, but since this was edited on a home PC (Quad core, Vista!) it was nothing flash..... Of course that's not to say that it would definitely improve if graded properly -I am acutely aware of inconsistent skin tones etc. But we cannot afford to splash out on a proper grade, and I suppose it would be contary to the ethics upon which the feature was made to do so! Hope that answers the question...?
Old July 9th, 2009, 04:49 PM   #9
Trustee

Hello, thank you, that answered the question.

Using the HD monitor on set you did get to see the colors you were recording and match within reason.

I am also using a PC and just switched to Premiere and After Effects. I am using Cineform and the new First Light to see how that works out.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Walker View Post
Hello, thank you, that answered the question.

Using the HD monitor on set you did get to see the colors you were recording and match within reason.

I am also using a PC and just switched to Premiere and After Effects. I am using Cineform and the new First Light to see how that works out.
Hi Jack. I am using the now old unsupported Aspect HD -but would love to see how First Light works for grading -it looks like an excellent tool! Hope it works out for you.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems