16mm prime as fixed lens on 251 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 9th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #1
Major Player

16mm prime as fixed lens on 251

came across an inexpensive but mint schneider 25mm f 1.4 cinexenon (don't know the T but probably like 1.2 ?) STD mount

would be neat to use as a compact fixed lens on my camera for scouting, rock concerts etc

I reckon it would roughly give me a 28°-30° angle of view, equivalent of the 10mm focal setting i use very often on the 1/3 standard zoom and roughly a 50mm in 35.

no dof issues here, just for happy informal shooting. has anyone tried this ? any catches ?

is there a simple mount adapter ring on the market ?

thanks for your input !
Claude Mangold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 03:56 AM   #2
Wrangler

Claude.

If you use a simple mount adapter like Mike Tapa's Nikon to 1/3" mount then the effective focal length will remain the same. 25mm on your prime will equal 25mm on your 1/3" zoom. I'm not sure what type of mount your lens has?

Things change when you use other types of relay adapters that give you 16mm or 35mm field of views.
Old July 20th, 2009, 04:12 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks, Tim, and apologies for late reply.

The math is always somewhat puzzling. what I figure is that for a 30 degree angle of view (not using any adapter) roughly equivalent to a 50mm focal lenth in 35mm-format , I need a 10mm lens on a 1/3 camera. no matter where the glass comes from, be this ciné 16, 35, or video.

the schneider lens set (10mm and 16mm cinegons, 25mm cinexenon, all for s16) i want to purchase all have standard arri mounts.

all described "in mint optical condition, good glas, way over 16mm resolution on colminator." (sic)

also at roughly 250g they're quite light lenses (plus adapter weight). they're around $200 each.

does mike tapa or anyone else have these adapters ?
Claude Mangold is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems