DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Another HD100 pic (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/41651-another-hd100-pic.html)

Nate Weaver March 22nd, 2005 10:42 PM

Another HD100 pic

Courtesy of Bob Hudson:

http://www.digitaltelevision.com/prohd.jpg

Chris Hurd March 22nd, 2005 11:28 PM

Wow! Big and juicy.

Christopher C. Murphy March 23rd, 2005 09:40 AM

To use Paris Hilton's trademark phrase:

"That's hot."

John Sandel March 23rd, 2005 10:44 AM

Cool!

Hmmm, they misspelled "assist." I hope it's a prototype.

In perspective, those rods beneath the lens look closer together than 60mm. I assume JVC has not invented some kooky proprietary design.

Darrell Essex March 23rd, 2005 11:02 AM

Nate, what's you thoughts on this camera and spec's?
Darrell
FIRST CINEMA PICTURES

Chris Hurd March 23rd, 2005 11:09 AM

I wouldn't sweat the misspelling. The camera in this photo is most likely a pre-production sample. I'm sure they'll work out these minor details prior to its shipping date.

John Sandel March 23rd, 2005 01:04 PM

Speaking of focus asist, is that a name for peaking, as in Canon's FU-1000 viewfinder?

Is this common on LCDs? Is it as useful there as on CRTs? The DVX100 has an LCD in its eyepiece-viewfinder, no?

Tim Le March 23rd, 2005 01:05 PM

Is it just me or does it seem like some of the labels were applied in Photoshop? Still, a nice looking camera but it definitely needs a counterweight in the back like an A/B battery or a hard disc.

Barry Green March 23rd, 2005 01:45 PM

Focus Assist wouldn't be peaking, because there's already peaking listed under the viewfinder.

Focus Assist, as applied to the Sony Z1, means that the camera has autofocus and you can move the manual focus ring even when the camera's in autofocus mode, to "assist" the autofocus system.

On the DVX, Focus Assist means the camera runs autofocus in 24P/30P modes, but it's much slower to respond because of the slow refresh rate of the CCD. Same as with the XL2, although I don't know if the XL2 uses the term "focus assist".

So, what Focus Assist on the JVC means is... well, we don't know, have to ask JVC on that one. Since the camera is 24p/30p, and since the parent company of JVC is also the parent company of Panasonic, it's possible that "focus assist" carries the same meaning as applied by the DVX, meaning that it's a version of autofocus.

Patrick Jenkins March 23rd, 2005 02:00 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Tim N Le : Is it just me or does it seem like some of the labels were applied in Photoshop? Still, a nice looking camera but it definitely needs a counterweight in the back like an A/B battery or a hard disc. -->>>

It's not a real camera, it's a 3d rendering.

Harrison Murchison March 23rd, 2005 02:00 PM

We'll cut'em some slack on the misspelling. Sony's prototype HDV camera once had "High Definision" on it. LOL

Tim Le March 23rd, 2005 02:13 PM

Looks like a real camera to me.

Just my speculation, but Focus Assist is probably where the camera automatically goes to full open iris and/or enlarges a portion of the viewfinder image so that you can check focus better. Sony had or has a similar feature on their DSR line but they called it "EZ Focus" or something like that.

It seems clear to me this camera is manual focus only with a servo zoom.

John Jay March 23rd, 2005 02:15 PM

is this a 1/2" CCD cam?,

I ask because 7.3mm at the wide end isnt much use on a 1/3"

Chris Hurd March 23rd, 2005 02:50 PM

It's a 1/3rd-inch camera. There will be a second lens available for wide-angle work; it's a 13x zoom with 3.5mm at the wide end to 45.5mm at full telephoto. And that would be the lens I'd want.

Patrick Jenkins March 23rd, 2005 02:51 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Tim N Le : Looks like a real camera to me.

Just my speculation, but Focus Assist is probably where the camera automatically goes to full open iris and/or enlarges a portion of the viewfinder image so that you can check focus better. Sony had or has a similar feature on their DSR line but they called it "EZ Focus" or something like that.

It seems clear to me this camera is manual focus only with a servo zoom. -->>>

It could be real.. but the specular highlighting on the viewfinder, body and parts of the lens/shade looks a lot like a standard blinn shading. If you have photoshop or Gimp or some other paint program, flood fill all of the solid white areas with solid black and see if it still looks real or 3d/cg.

$.02

Either way, looks like a good cam!

(1/3" CCD iirc)