I can only assume this camera has no auto focus? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 25th, 2005, 08:28 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hudson
many SLR 35mm lenses are autofocus right? when someone releases a 35mm lens adaptor for say canon SLR lenses will that autofocus be any use? (sorry if that's a dumb question)
It'll be of no use. Auto-focus lenses rely on the camera body to control the focus. For example, with the EOS adapter on Canon's XL camcorders, the auto focus is disabled even if you attach a Canon SLR lens.
Don Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2005, 10:27 PM   #32
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Green
Especially when peaking is implemented as well as it is on the HD100. You've got an analog dial that lets you choose from "mild" to "wild". Very nice.
Yes Barry, that was definitely a different experience playing with the JVC's focus assist feature. I started to feel like it was 'predator vision' hehe.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2005, 02:55 AM   #33
Major Player

"It's just more an issue of what's been done in the past. Very few pro lenses in that style have ever had AF...I know I've never seen a single one, and I've been shooting for a while."

As a matter of fact fujinon have developed together with JVC professional lenses for HD broadcast. These lenses have an auto-focus option. They have been specially developed for the japanese market where HD transmissions are a fact. The reason being that HD focus is so critical that the operators could not always see on their viewfinders and monitors whether they were completely in focus. But when viewed on large HD screens one could clearly see that focus was a little off. The developers where thinking of sport registration. (the lenses where on view at the IBC in Amsterdam.) they are 2/3 inch EFP and ENG lenses. I have tried them and they are really amazing as they work different then tradional autofocus systems where the system will continually search for focus. The new system however was able to find focus and leave it at that. It could be used semi automatic so the operator can override autofocus when needed.
It is the final step........

director/cameraman

http://www.slingerlandproductions.nl
David Slingerland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems