HD200 with Manhattan LCD monitor? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 22nd, 2009, 05:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HD200 with Manhattan LCD monitor?

Hello,

I need to buy some not very expensive field monitor for my HD200. I've been looking over the net and find these Manhattan LCD Monitors, that are about 500 $. Anyone have any experience with this monitors? Will it work with the components out of the HD200? The model I'll eventually buy is the 8.9" HD Pro Monitor HD089A.

Thank you in advance,

Jordi.
Jordi Dusanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2009, 02:45 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I have just purchased a Small HD monitor, it's native 720p, got excellent professional set ups and good online support and tutorials.
A little more than your budget at $799 but outstanding value.
9" HD 720p LCD Field Monitor - the DP1 by SmallHD
Phil Balsdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2009, 03:33 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Phil,

thank you for responding. I've been looking at that monitor too, but aside of the 799 $, I'd have to pay another 100 $ for the shipping. I need that "extra" money for other equipment. Anyway, do you use this LCD with an JVC cam? Works out the box, just connect it to the camera and ready for shoot?

Jordi
Jordi Dusanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:48 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Yes straight out the box, component in. It's 720p 1280x720 resolution so ideal for the JVC HD cams.
Phil Balsdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 02:32 AM   #5
Major Player

Now that's a nice monitor!
Old October 15th, 2009, 03:20 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Ok so finally I've bought a Kit from manhattan lcd with a HD screen, and I will insert it in some home made frame. I've been trying the screen with a components to vga cable and found the image pretty grainy. It's the cable? Should I change it for a components-hdmi, will it improve the image?

Until today I've never seen the components output of my camera working (hd200), so I don't know if the grain is normal or not... I don't want to spend 30 euros on a components-hdmi cable and find out that the picture is the same as with the components-vga one...

What should I do? I'll be shooting a short movie next friday 23th and I need to have this solved out :(
Jordi Dusanek is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems