Retrieving clips from a formatted DR HD100.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 11th, 2009, 10:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Retrieving clips from a formatted DR HD100..

I formatted my DR HD1000 and realized that I didn't copy al the clips to my hard drive. Has anybody had any experience retrieving clips from a formatted DR HD100?
Jamon Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 10:49 PM   #2
Major Player

Dr hd 100

I use a Dr HD100 on my 110 .
once you format the DR HD 100 all the data/clips is erase on the drive

JOE
Joseph A. Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #3
Wrangler

Jamon

Have you tried scanning the HD with any HD recovery software. If you haven't written to the drive since the format there is a very good chance you can recover it.

Are you Mac or PC?
Old November 15th, 2009, 02:20 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Tim,

I have scanned the drive and the amount of data that I erased is showing up so I'm looking good at this point. I did know not to record to the drive since the format since I wanted to recover the files, I'lll keep you posted thanks for the reply. I using a mac.
Old November 15th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #5
Wrangler

A few months ago I discovered a great Mac recovery app called Stellar Phoenix.
Stellar Phoenix

You can use the free demo to determine if the files are there to be recovered.

I used it to recover some files from a hard drive that was dropped while on. It's worth the $99.
Old November 16th, 2009, 01:38 AM   #6
Regular Crew

It's funny because that's what I have been using but tell me this are you using it with a mac or pc and with what os? I see that there is about 28 gigs worth of stuff to be recovered but it's taken for ever like over 14 hours to scan and seems like it will never finish... How long did it take to scan and what os are you running? I actually stopped it while it was looking for broken files and tried to recover what it had scanned up until that point, it gave me alot of the files (as far as names and file size) but when i went to recover all the files ended up being 33kb with no info.. I'm running 8 core intel with Snow Leopard.
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:35 AM   #7
Wrangler

I was using Leopard so maybe there is a conflict with Snow Leopard and that software?

Files that were intact seemed to be recovered quickly, but I had physical drive damage so some things were very slow, yet mostly successful.
Old November 16th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #8
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamon Lewis View Post
It's funny because that's what I have been using but tell me this are you using it with a mac or pc and with what os? I see that there is about 28 gigs worth of stuff to be recovered but it's taken for ever like over 14 hours to scan and seems like it will never finish... How long did it take to scan and what os are you running? I actually stopped it while it was looking for broken files and tried to recover what it had scanned up until that point, it gave me alot of the files (as far as names and file size) but when i went to recover all the files ended up being 33kb with no info.. I'm running 8 core intel with Snow Leopard.
Once you format a drive the recovery software has to scan the drive sector by sector to build the recovery image. On a firewire drive I can imagine this will take a long while. Patience...
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 08:58 PM   #9
Major Player

Hd100

Sorry Jamon:
I was wrong
About retrieving data after formatting the dr hd 100
sorry about the bad advice.
Tim Dashwood is the best if there is a way
Tim will find it.
thanks Guys
Joe
Joseph A. Benoit is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems