DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Can't install windows driver on HD200 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/469394-cant-install-windows-driver-hd200.html)

Rich Perry December 13th, 2009 06:50 PM

Can't install windows driver on HD200

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I recently purchased a lightly used HD200 and shot some footage recently, stupidly I did not have my DR-HD100 configured right and it only recorded to tape. so needing to capture from tape now, When I connect the camera to my PC (Vista 64 bit ultimate) it find the camera and identifies it correctly as JVC GY-HD200 in device manager but the following is displayed when attempting to load drivers. (see attachment)

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device"

"AVC Device"
"This operation requires an interactive window station"

Firewire is working fine, its not that issue as cam shows up as mentioned in device manager, tried also on a windows XP system and got another type of error on installing drivers.

Anyone out there with some ideas on what this could bem any help is welcome ~ I have surfed many online forums for the answer to this but nothing that seems to fix
Thanks!

Taylor Brush December 14th, 2009 06:52 AM

I can't speak to your driver problem, but you can still capture the tape to your DR-HD100. just play the tape back in the camera, manually record on the firestore, then import those files into your NLE.

I find that doing it that way works great.

Rich Perry December 24th, 2009 01:34 PM

Taylor - Thanks for the great tip, I had no idea that was possible - will give it a shot!

Chad Haufschild December 24th, 2009 04:15 PM

Hey, Rich. This is most likely a Windows issue rather than a camera issue. Windows should simply recognize the camera as a video device and search Windows update for an appropriate driver. If you're not connected to the internet, that could cause the issue.

If all else fails, use Windows update manually to ensure your windows is fully up to date. Then go into add/remove programs and uninstall anything that might have to do with any old cameras like Kodak and Nikon software.

Then with the 200 still plugged in, go to Device Manager and manually uninstall all camera related devices like AVC devices and any unknown devices. Unplug the camera and reboot.

After reboot try installing it again and this time make sure you're internet connection is active.

If all that fails then there is either a servious Windows corruption or there might be some kind of issue in the camera settings. You could try resetting the camera back to factory default and see if that helps.

Good luck and Happy Christmas!

Rich Perry December 24th, 2009 08:48 PM

Hi Chad,

Thanks for the tips, I tried the windows updates and everything else I could think of, removing from device manager also. I am recording to the hard drive for now (per Taylors suggestion) and will transfer from there as I know my firewire port is good and the less I can actually connect it to the PC the better from what I have read here :) My Windows install is probably the issue.

I am new to the HD200, coming from 1080i - Sony FX1 and Canon XH-A1, although both nice cams I must say the images from the JVC are much better than I had imagined and thats with minimal tweaking. The camera simply rocks although the low light issues are the weak link with this camera but for my uses mostly outside daylight or a good 5k of lights it's just fine!

Merry Christmas!

Chris Davis December 25th, 2009 08:45 AM

This has nothing to do with your camera. The "interactive window" error generally means your install of Windows is messed up. I have not found a good solution to the problem other than to completely reinstall Windows. Sorry.

Rich Perry December 25th, 2009 04:53 PM

No problems Chris, yes the camera is fine - clips have been transfered now via the hard drive although I did try attaching the camera directly on a Vista and XP installation as I have a dual boot, but in both cases the PC did not see the camera. I am not worried about it as I have a good work around in future - thx for the help.