DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   view finder problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/469865-view-finder-problem.html)

Tom Stretton December 22nd, 2009 02:34 PM

view finder problem

Hi all
and a merry Christmas to you all,
I have a problem with my view finder i can see a ghost of the information digits but the are upside down its not showing up through the LCD but as i don't really use the LCD i would appreciate it if anyone could let me know what to do about it,also how often do people clean the lens,when i bought the camera it came with some Kodak lens cleaning papers, i replace the lens cap continually even if I'm not using it for a minuet,Ive only had the camera since June so I'm just a amateur so sorry if it seems a dumb question.
Thank you Tom

Jay Webster December 22nd, 2009 06:17 PM

viewfinder problems

Hi Tom,
And, Merry Christmas to you too.
As for the LCD problem.."ghosting images", I've never heard of anything like that. Maybe a short in the circuitry??
As for the information being upside down, are you sure you have the Led oriented properly? It does rotate. Be careful though , don't force anything. There is also a "flip" mode in the menus that re orients the Led. Don't remember exactly what menu it's in but if you go into the menus, you will see it.
As for lens cleaning, well...I usually will clean the lens only rarely and only if needed. I will check it often though. Use a blower first to get rid of any foreign stuff, dust etc. off of the lens. Then I use a fine camel hair brush over the surface. I don't use any lens cleaning fluids unless there is a fingerprint or smudge visible on the surface etc.
I do know some assistant camera people that use their breath and then rolled up lens tissue to form a brush and swipe the surface.
Being new to the camera system, I highly recommend Tim Dashwoods DVD. Tim is the moderator of this forum so shouldn't be hard to find it.
Let us know about the LED.
Jay
New York Cameraman

Paul Pelalas December 22nd, 2009 07:08 PM

I know what your talking about. If I close the iris and leave the lens cap on, the on screen info appears upside down and in reverse very lightly, ( such as you see the word CLOSE, upside down in the upper left corner of your viewfinder). It kind of looks like a screen burn. But if you move your eye left to right or closer or farther from the eye cup, the image moves.

It's the reflection of the on screen information being reflected back within the eyepiece/viewfinder.

Tom Stretton December 23rd, 2009 02:17 PM

Hi i don't know if Ive made the problem clear the ghost is there when I'm filming and its showing everything the subject the digits and its really annoying,i wondered if anyone else has had the same problem its on in the eye piece and not the LCD but i rarely use the LCD.
Thanks Tommy

Jay Webster December 23rd, 2009 06:55 PM

????

What level do you have your "Zebra" set?

jay Webster
NYC/Cameraman