DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Out of Focus - pink and green (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/470229-out-focus-pink-green.html)

Herman Chen December 30th, 2009 05:13 PM

Out of Focus - pink and green

Hi,

I tried searching for a thread on this issue, but couldn't find anything, so I'll post it here.

I recently started noticing this problem. I don't know how long it's been happening, but I just noticed it. I am 99% positive that it is a lens issue. I'm running the JVC HD100 with the stock Fujinon lens. Every time any sort of white light hits the frame, it happens. When I pull the lens out of focus, any areas of white light start developing edges of pink and green light. It happens on the top and bottom of the sources of white light. Depending on which way the focus is pulled (near or far), the top will be pink and bottom will be green, or vice versa. This happens in every environment that I've tried. Indoors, outdoors, rain, shine, etc. And I'm wondering if anyone has run into this issue. Is there any way to fix it? Is there any way to reduce the pink and green blobs in the unfocused background when I wanna use a longer focal length cover my subjects? The longer the lens, the more obvious and bigger the pink/green edges become.

I'd post pics, but I don't conveniently have my camera with me at the moment. I'll post screen grabs when I get the chance.

thnx in advance

Edward Carlson December 30th, 2009 06:32 PM

Could it be: Chromatic aberration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not sure if there's a way to fix it, as all lenses do it to some extent. If your lens actually is broken, then it would be more severe and your lens would need to be repaired.

Alex Humphrey December 30th, 2009 07:29 PM

yup.. sounds like CA to me. The thing to do is to close down the aperture some....probably a couple stops. At full zoom the stock 16x lens is fairly awfull.. and it seems to like being at f1.8 or f8... the usuall sweet spot for this and other lenses is around f4... but at full tele on this lens it makes a nice center area that is sharp and the corners turn downright blurry. So... you might be stuck around f8 to f11 in contrasty situations with full tele.

Eric Deyerler December 31st, 2009 01:02 PM

yes ist looks like Chromatic Aberration, the 16xFujinon has many CA,

better is the 13xFujinon and the Canon 14x, but every lens get CAs, some more other less.

Judd Bares January 2nd, 2010 11:51 PM

CA Issues as well...

I have been shooting aerials with my JVC GYHD110/stock Fujinon lens and have come back with nice stuff, but also the 'unexplained' CA trash too. Will definitely try paying closer attention to where I am in my lens and also in relation to my subject. If anybody else has any other suggestions to minimize this effect (especially in the case of the aerials) I would love to hear them. THANKS!

Kennedy Maxwell January 3rd, 2010 05:38 PM

Stopping down to f8 or more should greatly reduce CA.
good luck, Ken

Marc Colemont January 4th, 2010 03:21 AM

Try not to go lower then 5.6-4 to avoid CA on the stocklens, and you should be fine.