Anton Bauer Powertap from JVC HD200 to DRHD100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 4th, 2010, 12:13 AM   #1
Major Player

Anton Bauer Powertap from JVC HD200 to DRHD100

I purchased a new power tap from B&H and can't get a charge to my DRHD100. Any suggestions. Are there some settings I have to change in the JVC or should I return it to B & H for a new power tap?
Old February 5th, 2010, 09:00 AM   #2
Regular Crew

G. Lee, does the 200 have the same little "auto-dimming" switch on the underside of the camera that the 250 does? I think that may be one possibility, the other that I have run into, is that the conductor pulls out from one of the pins on the "power-tap" it's an easy fix, you just need to hit it with a soldering iron. A quark that you should also know about is that you should hook everything up and let it the hard drive charge for a bit until the light goes green before you power up and start rolling.

Chuck
Chuck Pullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #3
Regular Crew

AB Mount Fuse

I had the same problem.

There is a small fuse inside the Anton Bauer mount and mine was blown. It is a 7 amp fuse, but unless you need all that power, a lower one will do. I put a 5 amp one in mine because I couldn't find anything stronger. It has been fine. The fuse is a little hard to get at, but with a little patience, you can find it - it's behind a little plastic cover.

Once I replaced it, it worked fine.
Taylor Brush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 09:25 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks guys. I'll let you know what I find. Where is the fuse located?
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:22 PM   #5
Major Player

Eureka!!!

Chuck, Taylor...you guys were both right on the money!

May I take a second to say that Neal over at Anton Bauer customer support rocks! Extremely helpful...one of the best customer service experiences I've ever had.

The Fix: Needed a new 7a/125v fuse and need to make sure the switch is off. Thanks guys!
Old February 9th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I'll second the props for Neil. he did above what I expected with an issue I was having with a mounting kit for the HD100.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems