DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   DR-HD100 hd issues (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/472500-dr-hd100-hd-issues.html)

Jon Plante February 8th, 2010 06:35 PM

DR-HD100 hd issues

So I recorded my first video with the HDV30p setting to the digital drive, and now quicktime is having a problem playing it. Is it because the footage is HD and is taking up more space. Also I have had to mount it to the top of the camera but in some other photos I see people have mounted it behind the battery. What braket are they using? Thanks to anyone else who is using a digital drive like ths one.

Alex Humphrey February 8th, 2010 07:37 PM

are you using IDX or AB battery pack system or the stock JVC tiny batteries? JVC HD100/110 or 200 series?

Robert Rogoz February 8th, 2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Plante (Post 1483448)
So I recorded my first video with the HDV30p setting to the digital drive, and now quicktime is having a problem playing it. Is it because the footage is HD and is taking up more space. Also I have had to mount it to the top of the camera but in some other photos I see people have mounted it behind the battery. What braket are they using? Thanks to anyone else who is using a digital drive like ths one.

Did you use m2t and Clipwrap? I recommend using this set-up, as recording to QT directly introduces hiss to the sound- use search option for this forum.
A while back I posted some pictures of $2 worth of hardware to attach HDD unit to the side of AB mount.

Marc Colemont February 9th, 2010 09:54 AM

I use 3 long velcro strips on tje back of the batteries, which works just fine.
And I'm recording in mov-files all the time, without any hiss-sound for 2 years now.

Jon Plante February 9th, 2010 04:55 PM

okay

okay the velcro sounds cool, I am using the IDX and the 110u. It cold be the fact that the video is so huge that im having problems with playback, but Im recording to quicktime and not M2, should I be doing M2. Whats the difference. Man i'm such a newb with this stuff.lol. Thanks everyone for there help. This forum has been really amazing!

Alex Humphrey February 11th, 2010 03:25 PM

are you using a mac or pc? If using mac (specifically FCP any HD version) you should be using quicktime. Most other PC NLE use m2t or one of the other specific codecs. IDX makes a nice wireless mount ($200 ish?) that I got. It's basically a stand off plate that wrapps around the battery to mount hardware on the side or back. It's over priced but built well. If you go the velcro mode, be sure to always run tape as backup... you never know if you firewire cable gets bumped and you lose some data. (or worse, fry a firewire port) I would recommend using a firewire power insulator of some form to eliminate that possibility. basically the 6 pin firewire carrys voltage that can damage the camera or DTE drive if it's active and plugged/unplugged and are unlucky. The insulator basically cuts the power line... same thing can be accomplished (though more messy) by haveing a 6 pin to 4 pin cable, joined by a 4 pin to 6 pin converter. Or just be real careful you don't disconnect the cable while taping. There are members here who have fried circuit boards.

Jon Plante February 11th, 2010 08:44 PM

Gotcha, thanks for the advice

Rich Perry February 13th, 2010 10:30 AM

I have my hard drive mounted up on top and 2 wireless receivers with Velcro and clips mounted on the battery side plate, it's very solid.
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/attachme...matte_box4.jpg

Also a must have is the firewire insulator - this is the one I am using permanently on the camera.
FireWire Port Isolator - 6pin - 6 inch

Jon Plante February 13th, 2010 09:25 PM

Wow , sweet setup Rich, what battery is that?

Rich Perry February 14th, 2010 02:03 AM

Thanks Jon - The battery is a Comer 160w Li-Ion A/B Battery.
It's a beast a will last for about 6 hours.

Here is a link to the battery details, it works with the Anton Bauer Mount
Comer 160w Li-Ion A/B Battery & Chager Pkg - Trigram PIctures eStore