GY-HD110 "Post" problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 22nd, 2010, 10:36 AM   #1
Regular Crew

GY-HD110 "Post" problems

I have footage that I shot in 720p24 and captured with Premiere CS4.
I am running Vista 64, 4gb ram, dual 2.4ghz processors.

I try to watch the .mpeg footage in Media Player and it won't play. Also, when the footage is in the Premiere timeline, the audio and the video are NOT synced. If I play the footage back in the camera, they ARE synced. Whats the trick? Do I need to download some kind of codec/encoder?

Thanks.
Ryan
Ryan Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #2
Trustee

Don't capture your footage with Premiere Pro. For some reason it doesn't work well with the JVC half the time. Once you capture though, Premiere is great for editing. I used CS3 for my feature film and it didn't have scene detect.

Invest in Cineform if you can. That gives you the best option as far as CS3 is concerned.

There are other free softwares you can use; but after downloading and working with them, I've discovered they're all unreliable in actual practice.

Play the footage with VLC. It's not a 'regular' m-peg2 file so you can't use it that way.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems