DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   component out sd 16x9 capture (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/474482-component-out-sd-16x9-capture.html)

Paul Pelalas March 10th, 2010 12:27 AM

component out sd 16x9 capture

I am looking for a way to capture live from component from my hd100 in sd 16x9 to firewire.
Would something like Canopus ADVC 110 or the Pyro AV link output to sd 16x9?
Straight sd firewire from the cam is out because the port only works in HDV out. Any suggestions?

Maybe I should be asking if the analog outputs on the video camera can only output anamorphic stretched 16x9 ? If I try to capture analog 16x9 to an editing program which is a 16x9 sd timeline, the video is stretched vertically in the widescreen capture window. Why is capture from firewire different? When I hook up a video camera via firewire and capture 16x9 sd, the capture is the correct proportions. Trying to wrap my head around this.

Evan Agee March 13th, 2010 08:43 AM

Greetings Paul, I'm definitely no expert when it comes to the HD100, but I know with my HD110 that I can plug my component cables directly into my SmallHD DP1 and get a perfect 16x9 signal, so I don't know why you couldn't do what you're looking to do. I'm sure someone else will step in and correct me if I've got it all wrong though.

Have a good day!
Evan

Paul Pelalas March 14th, 2010 11:50 PM

Hi Evan. Thanks for replying .

I'm just afraid that pumping that sd component signal through a AD/DA box like the Pyro or Canopus, might not give me the proper 16x9 dimensions because the when the AD/DA converts it to an AVI stream , it is up to the codec of the chip to digitize the stream. And I think the AD/DA conversion from a box like the Canopus, which uses a very good decoder, can only do 4x3.
And it would be squeezed, so it would have to be unsqueezed by the say a tv or software.

I was looking to take the 16x9 sd component signal through the converter and and having it digitize it as is, not squeezed, because I have to send it into a laptop that has this program which takes the video through firewire, a usb mic mixer that sends it 3-4 seperate mic feeds, muxes them together on the fly as it captures lives, and then demuxes all the feeds and converts it to MPG to burn to dvd. And the softwares requirements is 16x9 sd through firewire.

Maybe I'll bite the bullet and but the Pyro and see what happens , worse case scenario. I'll return it.

Marc Colemont March 15th, 2010 02:55 AM

SD-format is always a 4:3 signal with or without borders/squeezed images.
The setting should be available in the Camera menu how the camera outputs the signal on the analog output.
The capture device will see a PAL or NTSC 4:3 image coming in.