DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Focus Firestore FS200 PRO - JVC HD201 - Issues (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/476076-focus-firestore-fs200-pro-jvc-hd201-issues.html)

Giovanni Chironi April 2nd, 2010 07:36 AM

Focus Firestore FS200 PRO - JVC HD201 - Issues

Hello,
I don't know if this is the correct thread, but, anyway...

is there anyone, out there, using FS200 PRO with a JVC HD201 (or 200). I'm in a PAL land (Italy) and it seems not work. I know, yes, JVC HD201 it's not on the compatibility chart for the FS200 on Focus Enhancements website, but, as long as you have a firewire (1394) out it should work...

But FS-H200 PRO doesn't work !
just unpacked and (as suggested in Focus Enhancements website) upgraded to latest firmware.

The problems are: It remains stuck in rec when in synchro mode and doesn't stop, neither I can turn off device.

I made a reset (several times) but no results at all. I tried every which way I could to make it work properly, but nothing happened.
I tried both with DV and HDV mode, NORMAL, EXTERNAL, SYNCHRO, even all flavours of files (RAW, DV MXF AVi etc.).
It seems to work in NORMAL mode (pressing rec button into device), but it works for just one clip, in the display I can see TC running and a strange "FCP example" label message, then sometimes I'm able to press STOP, sometimes I'm not, and there are times when TC run until it displays TC 00:00:07:14 then stop and all the keys become inoperative, so I've to shut down camera and press & hold shut-off key for at least ten seconds to turn it off.

I connected also my SONY small miniDV camera DCR PC9E, but nothing happened (just able to record in normal mode from the fs200, but the unit won't stop neither turn off).

I would like to test it with a previous version of firmware, but I wasn't able to find earlier version in Focus Enhancements website.

I hope that could be an answer to this situation...

Thanks to All

Ed Dooley April 3rd, 2010 07:34 AM

I just answered in the Focus forum:

It's happened to me occasionally with my HD-110 NTSC.
Press the center wheel when it's stuck in Record. I can't remember
if I pressed the center of the wheel or the right side (as if I was
trying to scroll through the functions), but one of those worked for me.
Ed

Taylor Brush April 4th, 2010 06:37 AM

I have this same combination and mine works absolutely fine. I have been so happy with it.

There's a setting in the camera menu that need to be changed for the Synchro setting on the firestore to work. I don't have that right in front of me, but if you haven't changed it, that is probably your problem.

Message me if you need additional information, but I think I found out the settings from searching posts on this forum. Regardless of the firestore, the settings in camera should be the same.

Giovanni Chironi April 4th, 2010 09:26 AM

Taylor,
thanks for your reply; unfortunately, SYNCHRO mode was one of the first thing I changed in camera menu. I have tried all, but it seems to be a software issue. in the meantime I emailed Focus Enhancements (Matt Mc Ewen) and he gave to me some advices, but with no results...
I'm actually waiting for a reply from European branch of focus Enhancements.
The only thing I want to try is revert back to a previous version of software, given that the first thing I've done was to update FS200 with the latest version of software.
Which version of SW do you have inside ?
I have the 1.0.1 released on March 11.

Giovanni

Giovanni Chironi April 5th, 2010 01:41 PM

Which CF Cards ?

Taylor,
which Compact Flash cards are you using in your setup ?
Any other card other than those listed in the compatibility chart list ?

Giovanni Chironi April 20th, 2010 11:29 AM

The Right Solution

Hi All,
Problem was solved.
I just get some CF cards of the type and make listed in Focus Enhancements website !.

The Columbus' egg !!!

Thanks to All and to the people at Focus