HD100U V/F hue control at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 5th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HD100U V/F hue control

Suddenly my viewfinder has shifted hue toward amber. LCD is correct. A second viewfinder demonstrates the same shift. Does anyone know of a hue control for the viewfinder?
Thanks.
Old July 6th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Don't know of a hue control, but my VF did the same thing. The problem was intermittent. Sent it back to JVC and the tech said that although he could not reproduce the problem, he re-soldered it. No problems since.

Regards,
Jerry
Jerry Jesion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 12:40 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply, Jerry. My problem must be intermittent, too. I turned the camera on this morning and all was fine. It had been amber for the past week but is fine today.
Thanks for your insight.
Old July 13th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I get this on the 201, but on the 110 occasionally as well. (Well, similar- I tend to lose all red from the picture) It's a real pain- especially when you are right in the middle of something... Any ideas for a cure? (Local reps say: send the cam to Auckland, and they will 'look at it'- but because it's intermittant, I haven't so far.)
Rob Stowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Mine did it again after having cleared up. It seems to be intermittent and possibly heat related. I was shooting a couple of days ago in 98 degree weather when it went. The camera has been been in an air conditioned environment since and it is now back to normal. It could possibly be a heat sensitive component. I doubt that a tech could find the problem while it is intermittent. Any other ideas?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems