DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   GY-HD200UB + Focus Firestore FS200 = :) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/481490-gy-hd200ub-focus-firestore-fs200.html)

Kyle Trambaugh July 6th, 2010 08:25 PM

GY-HD200UB + Focus Firestore FS200 = :)

I just received my FS-200 from videoguys, and it seems to be working just great with the camera with the sandisk extreme III 60 mb/s flash card all formats as well 1080I, 720P 24,30,60....

Jay Webster October 1st, 2010 08:33 PM

I'm considering one of these. Do you have any more comments since you've been using it a bit longer now?
Also, what editing software are you using?
Thanks
Jay

Kyle Trambaugh October 2nd, 2010 05:54 AM

I have been using it all summer... it has performed very well. I recommend you get the AB powertab cable to power it instead of buying an extra batt. I purchased a connector from B&H and a DC coax from a local electronics store to fit the FS-200.. have like 22.00 in it vs the 50.00 retail...

Using the SanDisk Extreme 60mb /s CF card....

No dropped frames or funny artifacts in the video. It works as advertised.

My only complaint is that it takes to long to power on in my Opinion. 10 sec or so.

Using Edius 5

Jay Webster October 2nd, 2010 07:07 PM

Thanks for the report Kyle.
Currently I'm using the IDX batteries...I imagine there is a power cable available.
Would you happen to know if there is a firmware update available...or needed?
thanks again
Jay

Kyle Trambaugh October 6th, 2010 04:15 AM

I do not believe that there is a firmware update for the FS-200, but it is easy enough to check at Focus's website...

Jay Webster October 6th, 2010 07:35 AM

Thanks again for the info Kyle. I have a news client who's needs dictate extremely timely delivery. On the last job I actually had a tape break during capture! Never saw that happen before, it was a nightmare. I literally had to splice it back together using an old reel to reel audio tape splicer that I happened to have sitting around...unbelievable! Won't do that again!
Anyway, that was the final cue to leave tape behind...not to mention that JVC has discontinued manufacture of M-DV63ProHD tapes!
So, the question is whether to go with an MR-HD100 (hard drive solution) or the CF card route?
Cost wise there isn't that much difference when you factor in the cost of the cards..etc.
By the way, do you use a card reader when transferring your files?

Thanks,
Jay

Kyle Trambaugh October 13th, 2010 05:03 AM

Yes, I use the card reader on my HP Printer... you can use the FS-200 also... it has a HDD function as well, just P&P with USB

Jay Webster October 13th, 2010 06:51 PM

Thanks again for all your info.
I am definitely going this way.
I was curious about the card reader and you're info has alleviated my concerns!
Cheers!
Jay

David Allen Smith October 22nd, 2010 12:32 PM

Is this unit also compatible with HD100U?

Kyle Trambaugh October 27th, 2010 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Allen Smith (Post 1581201)
Is this unit also compatible with HD100U?

Yes it will work....

Ervin Farkas February 8th, 2011 04:03 PM

File format for Edius

Kyle,

the FS200 can record the 720P30 footage from the HD100 either in .mov or .m2t.

Which one are you using, and why?

Thank you,