DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   poor capture (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/487231-poor-capture.html)

Tom Stretton November 9th, 2010 07:59 AM

poor capture

Hi all
i have jvc gy hd 110u, i bought one last year unforunatly it was stolen in may oft this year ive just recieved my new one eager to start work i hooked it it up to my pc (asus 2meg ram with ati saphire video card) using sony vegas 8 when i started to capture i noticed that the capture was stuttering and the audio cracking. it was the same on the captured video in sv8,so i unhooked the camera from the pc and watched it direct on my tv where everything was perfect.ive looked though the forum and ive found varios problems regarding capture but nothing like this any help would be turly appreciated as im keen to get to work with it

thank you Tom

ps ive just looked at the audio and expanded it and thier are gaps of about half a second plus i think maybe drop out in the video.

Joe Wickert November 23rd, 2010 07:48 PM

I had some weird capture problems an a recent project too.

I capture via DVHScap on Mac and rewrap the files with clipwrap.

At a certain point the audio and video totally broke up.

Ended up capturing to pro res via a Blackmagic Intensity card (HDMI) and it was fine.

I'm now using a firestore drive which takes tape capturing out of the equation.

Suzanne Lucas November 23rd, 2010 09:39 PM

Clip breaking up on transfer

Hello,
I have the problem of a clip from time to time will break into many 1 to 3 second clips on transfer but plays fine on review within the camera. I talked with someone at JVC and we verified that I had the latest firmware update and then he siad I should clean my heads and try transfering again. He thought maybe that if there were any drop outs in transfer that the software I was using was reading that as a new clip and that is why it was doing that. I am also going to go ahead and get the DRHD100GB60. It is on sale on the JVC site in their close out section for half price at $789.00 US Dollars. I do not want to worry about it any longer.

Sareesh Sudhakaran November 23rd, 2010 10:19 PM

Try Cineform for capture. I used it with Adobe On Location on set and it worked smooth and fast. No issues whatsoever. Unless, of course, you guys have a hardware problem. Try checking it out with other computers if you can to isolate the issue.

Finn Yarbrough January 8th, 2011 05:19 PM

JVC timecode breaks

I have the next version, GY-HD200u (also discontinued).
Sending the camera back to JVC for re-alignment of the recording heads helped a little bit, but did not completely solve the problem. Capturing in ProRes (for Final Cut Pro) helped a little bit, but the real solution came when JVC shipped me a FireStore hard drive unit. I no longer try to capture from tape.

The most convincing answer that I got during my ordeal was that the data stream recorded by the camera can sometimes fluctuate, which can fool your NLE into thinking that there is a clip break where there is none. This effect may be exacerbated by the fact that our HD is encoded in long-GOP groups of 6 or 12 frames. I bet that the footage that you are missing, even if you optimize your capture codec, will still leave you missing pieces in some multiple of 6 frames. Mine did, anyway.

The FS unit works well, as long as you don't bump or vibrate the camera while recording. For more money, you could try a card-based FS. Good luck finding a work-around! And my sympathies.

Tom Stretton January 12th, 2011 07:21 AM

fixed !!!

Hi and thank you to everyone for some great advice,in the end the problem seemed to be my pc,although powerfull enough it had problems,when i captured on my girlfriends mac everything was ok so thank to all once again
tom

Rob Stowell January 13th, 2011 03:43 PM

Windows 7 seems to have problems with firewire- sometimes solved by using the 'legacy' firewire drivers. Worth trying, anyway.