FIRESTORE DR-HD100 + JVC 111E / 200EB "jump frames" rec/stanby at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 19th, 2010, 03:02 PM   #1
New Boot

FIRESTORE DR-HD100 + JVC 111E / 200EB "jump frames" rec/stanby

Problem with no solution..

When I rec with a jvc hd 111 and /or Hd 200... in any mode ( HD 720 25/50p ecc..ecc..) on cassette...
and I like later Write the video clips cassette recorder...to the HDD DR-HD100, ten steps are easy...
firewire calble...CAM in vtr mode.... HDD in rec mode...e press play on cam...
SO..all the clips recorder on minidv...jump to the HDD.

BUT...

if I see and capture the video clips direct to cam in PC (firewire) ALL is ok... example...if I rec, 10 second, and I press pause...and later again 10 seconds....
In the capure clip I see no...jumps to the "pause" stanby...point.

IF the same clips i put on HDD direct with the cam... the clip on HDD100 have a little GRAY jump frames in always I have press "standby" with REC button...

I tra every thing...but no solution.

Always I make a backup of a minidv WITH THE JVCHD CAM.....the same problem...
FIRESTONE HD..."revelate" the change scene...(rec press)...and INSERT one second of GRAY frames!!!
why????

any solution with options of firestone or cam ?

I like end ,say...if I record "live" to the firestore with the cam....no problem...non problem in minidc and HDD togheter...no jumps.

please HELP!!!
Jimiz Zanei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
if I see and capture the video clips direct to cam in PC (firewire) ALL is ok... example...if I rec, 10 second, and I press pause...and later again 10 seconds....
In the capure clip I see no...jumps to the "pause" stanby...point.

IF the same clips i put on HDD direct with the cam... the clip on HDD100 have a little GRAY jump frames in always I have press "standby" with REC button...
Just trying to understand you here. Are you saying you have an issue (grey frames) when you record live from the camera to your recorder, but it works when you use firewire or use tape to record and then transfer data? Is that right?

When and where do these grey frames occur? You mentioned one second of grey frames, is that 25 of them? Are they written to tape or are they just showing on your monitor? Have you tried a different tape?

Hope this helps to get started.
Old December 20th, 2010, 03:57 AM   #3
New Boot

(sorry for my bad english...) the problem is only with DR-HD100 HDD recorder...
When I recording something with tape and/or HDD , i press many time rec/stendby shutter button....
when all is finish I have (for example) 10 minutes video on tape and/or HDD ...and when I transfer the video file on pc , I have no problems...(firewire cam>pc...ore just HDD>pc) , the 10 minutes video...have NO JUMPS...in any "rec/stendby" button pressed...

problem come out when example....I take thesame 10 minutes of the tape....and I like TRANSFERT inside the DR-HD100 , so...i put the cam in VTR mode and press play.., the HDD in local mode and press REC.... counter work...and I wait the end of duplicate.

WHEN is finish I tale the HD100 , connecti (firewire) to pc and transfer the video...
NOW, the 10 minutes clip have the TROUBLE...to every point where i PRESSED (rec/stendby in the cam) are circa 1 seconds GREY frames...

I can't undrestand why...if the tape is OK...why can't duplicate on DR-HD100 also ok...btu with this trouble...
yes,because later on pc..i have LOT work to clean "cut" all...the "JUMPS GRAY" what the HDD have write alone...like he identify the "scene detect"...

Il like say I have try in many mode...also clip of few minute...(ONE CLIP)...and always where I have pressed REC shutter more times...HDD recorder he "insert" one second of dead frames...

SO I hope you understand....
That's happens ONLY in duplicate mode..., because if I record live (tape or/and hdd togheter) no problems...
Old December 20th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #4
Trustee

I'm not sure I completely understand your issue but it seems like a sync issue. There is a lag every time you press standby. Are you dropping any frames at the grey frames or are they inserted in between? Try switching on the camera last, after the vtr and the firestore. Do you still have an issue after that?
Old December 21st, 2010, 02:38 AM   #5
New Boot

Yes there is a lag "where" every time I'v pressed rec/standby... BUT that come out ONLY if I duplicate recoding tapes to DR-100 UNIT.

Thesame tapes if I like to put with firewire on PC , I have NO LAGS...all the video clip are ok!
Also if I recording LIVE with the DR-100 , videos are good and no lags...

Problem come out ONLY if I like to duplicate tapes recoding on the unit DR-100 , manualy...
the HDD here, understand the video clips BUT MARK with a "gray" lag about 1 second circa, EVERY time is a change of scene...(where i'v pressed REC/STANDBY)..

I dont Know any another option in DR-100 , what adjust this problem... manual and FIRESTORE web site... say DR-h100 can "duplicate" any video , ofcourse od jvc hd 100-200 cam.. you must ONLY press REC on this unit...and PLAY on the cam!

unfortunatly...is NOT so!

extra info...

you know... DR-HD100 unit make files clip max long 2Gb (fat 32)...and in "live" recording...every time you press REC/PAUSE trigger on cam...he make a NEW clip...
so when finish , you found inside the HDD many clips...what you can edit on NLE.

IF YOU use the DR -100 unit , not live, but only to duplicate a tape recoding with cam in another time... the HDD unit , make omly one file...long 2gb...and nothing before... and here is the problem, because in the tape , is always many scene (rec/pause)...but now DR-100 don't make many littles clips...bat only one , 2gb , before begin another one...

IF you see thats long files...you found about one seconds gray dead frames EVERY TIME in the tape was a rec/pause...
I think now you understand...and this is orribile to edit...think when you press 1000 times...rec/pause...

SO , my question is...IS A BUG/LIMIT of focus GR units ? or really can only record well LIVE and not for duplicate tapes ?
or again...are MEABY a options to resolve those "LAGS" in every scene change detected...?

Last edited by Jimiz Zanei; December 21st, 2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old December 25th, 2010, 11:34 PM   #6
Trustee

The only issue I can think of is that while the device is recording, it is not being controlled by the camera (as it is while on a production). It continues to record during the 'blank' period and hence the grey frames. If no frames or data are lost, could this be the reason? Is the device SYNCED to the camera or vtr?

Do you have the latest firmware update on your firestore (whenever that was)? They did have issues reading mpeg streamclips and your's might be a special case. It's difficult to say.

I must say that even though you are trying very hard to get the point across, I'm still not exactly sure what your issue is.
Old December 28th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #7
New Boot

that's happens ONLY with "hdv" video of JVC tapes... because is I make thesame with a canon cam a1 or HV20...(hdv tapes) , and I backup the 1080i videos with the same firestore...I have no "breaks" in the change scene...

so i not understand why you can't do a backup file from a jvc hd tape...without jumps detect...
Old December 28th, 2010, 10:02 PM   #8
Trustee

Never had an issue with JVC prohd tapes. It's a very odd problem indeed.
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:18 AM   #9
New Boot

Re: FIRESTORE DR-HD100 + JVC 111E / 200EB "jump frames" rec/stanby

It is not 'a problem of TAPES/TAPE but a problem if you transfer the tape to plugged HDD directly !!!.... in this case, we will be in HDD' a hole every time there will be a scene change. When you download the clip on your computer, you'll EMPTY 25/50 frames every scene change ... and you must remove them manually with a cut.
However, if you will spend the same clip from that computer with firewire ... no hole between the various scenes! so the problem afflicts jvc hd (all) when transferring a video tape to HDD HDV firefocus directly without the use of computers.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:09 AM   #10
New Boot

Re: FIRESTORE DR-HD100 + JVC 111E / 200EB "jump frames" rec/stanby

I'm thinking it's a sync issue. Camera and computer outputs are stable all the time. Direct tape, may have sync jumps between scenes that are upsetting the DR-HD100. the "pause" is the DR-HD100 waiting for stable sync.
Greg Honeycutt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems