The venerable GY-HD 110 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 28th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: The venerable GY-HD 110

Agree totally with Ervin's comments. Especially with the CF card recorder.
I can tell you guys this:
I just came off of a job that required minimal equipment (we were in a detention facility...yeah, a jail)
and did not have the luxury of being able to run back to the grip truck for lights, stands, grip stuff, camera stuff...or whatever....You get the idea, we've all been there somewhere along the line.
Anyway,
I shot it on my HD110U to tape.
I was amazed at the quality of the images (especially without the luxury of being able to light for detail in most setups!)
This was, and in this case is still a good working camera...I still have a love affair going with it!
I guess according to a lot of guy's it is a bit finicky, but treat it right and it comes right back at ya!
So, as the heading of this post states...VENERABLE!
Cheers to all.......

Last edited by Jay Webster; April 28th, 2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: mispelling...I'm tired
Jay Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #17
Regular Crew

What I really like is the ability to record HDV simultaneously to tape and hard drive with identical timecode.
This gives security (very occasionally I've had a corrupted file on my DR-100) and a tape that can be used as an archive. I don't know of any other camera that does this and its the reason I never upgraded to a JVC file only based camera.

I do a lot of work for the web now, the native progressive scan 1280 x 720 format is as close to HD for the web as you can get, which I'm sure makes a difference in final compression before uploading.
Phil Balsdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #18
Regular Crew

"I don't know of any other camera that does this and its the reason I never upgraded to a JVC file only based camera."

Geez, this seems like something I should have known but actually I never realized it is the only camera with this capability...amazing really!
Old February 19th, 2016, 06:26 AM   #19
Tourist

Hi,

Sorry to pick up such an old post but wondered if anyone might know the answer to this one...

I have a JVC GY HD 111 which I love, but i really want to go tapeless. I have found a GY HM 750e however it is missing the viewfinder.

Does anyone know if the viewfinder from the HD111 will work with the HM750e?

many thanks

David
David Turpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 08:28 AM   #20
Regular Crew

David,
I have the 110U and 750U and have just checked. The answer is no. The connectors are different.

Regards,
Jerry
Jerry Jesion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 10:35 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Well I finally have run into the problem with the tip of the AC power plug breaking off inside the camera. This causes the camera to not recognize battery power. I have read that you can "twist out the yellow tip" with a jewelers screwdriver and the battery will work again. My question is if I do that will the AC adapter still work??
Old March 26th, 2017, 05:53 AM   #22
Regular Crew

I have been using my recently purchased HD111 for just over a month now and all I can say is WOW. Looks like my TRV900 will not be getting used too much any more. Thinking about getting at Letus Extreme if I can find one.
Figured I would keep this forum alive for another day

Cheers
KF
Kurt Franz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 01:52 PM   #23
Inner Circle

I still have two, and they have been the most solid camera I've had - not that I haven't broken them, but they're easy to get going again. Both viewfinders have been snapped off, but all back in action quickly.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems