A-HWR bracket question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 14th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #1
Inner Circle

A-HWR bracket question

Hi there,

Does anyone know if the A-HWR mounting bracket (fancy name by IDX: "Wireless receiver and HDD adapter") mounted on the A-E2HD100 IDX V-mount power adapter... does it leave enough space for TWO IDX E-7 (stackable) batteries?

Here is a picture of the A-HWR bracket. Do the screws on the right side serve the purpose of adapting the bracket's opening in order to accomodate the extra battery?

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
A-HWR bracket question-hwr.jpg  
Old February 21st, 2011, 08:27 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Bump...

I guess, if 127 people looked at this post and not one knows about it... no one has this bracket?
Old February 21st, 2011, 08:52 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: A-HWR bracket question

I've not used this particular bracket for the IDX but I have use Anton Bauer batterys with the BEC bracket. With THAT one I could run an Hytron120 more than 2 times the thickness of the IDX and have enough room to get my fingers between the back plate with the receiver and the battery.
I would guess the dimensions of the bracket is listed somewhere so a bit of measuring should give you the answer. I know the 7S batterys (stackables) are pretty thin.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 04:38 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I have this bracket as we use it to mount our DR-HD100 harddrive and radio mic(s). But we use the standard IDX 7 batteries, not the stackable type, and so have never altered it and use it as seen in the picture....

But if there is anything you need help with -measurements etc let me know..
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:08 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Dan, what I wanted to know if it is extendable so two of those batteries would fit in. If you use an E-7S battery, the opening you need is just under 35mm. I need about 75-80mm in order to mount two E-7 batteries.

Would you please check if the bracke is extendable to accomodate 80mm?

Don, unfortunately this bracket is no longer manufactured, so no tech specs are to be found on the internet... I found it at a couple of packrat vendors... they probably overstocked back then...

Thank you,
Old February 25th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi Ervin

Sorry for the late reply, been away on a shoot.

Tonight I took a look at the bracket and found that it has 3 different lengths it can be set at. I put it on the third/furthest setting and it gave a distance of 98mm from the back of the camera -which is more than enough space to put two of our 7s batteries if we needed or could do so! So I am sure it would be ample for what you require.

I have taken a couple of photographs of my mobile phone if you needed a visual reference. But essentially on the image you attached above, you can see two sets of three horizonal screw holes which allow for it to be set at three different distances. You have to do it on the side of the bracket and separately on the base of it as well. The larger screws with spacers actually seem to be completely redundant and I have no idea what their purpose is.

Hope that helps!

Dan
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Awesome, thanks Dan!

That means I can fit in at the minimum two E-7 batteries and possibly even a wireless mike receiver. The FS-H200 can then go on the back of the bracket.

If you have the time, please upload those pictures, or if it's easier, shoot them to me via email, efarkas at gmail dot com.

Thanks again,

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems