Color Coordination at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 4th, 2011, 12:20 AM   #1
Tourist

Color Coordination

Merry Tuesday Everyone! I have just started working with 3 JVC GY-HD100's. Thanks to this list and Google, I have expanded my knowledge every day. Alas, we still have issues.

These 3 cameras have not been "maintained" with any regularity. We have gone through and back focused each camera. It needed this adjustment terribly.

We have gone through and white balanced each camera. We have discovered that one of the cameras has a different firmware than the other two.

The biggest problem at the moment is that we cannot get identical coloring from each camera. Only one of the 3 has a "robust" picture.

As a 40 year old rookie, how can we fix this? Where should we start? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! I know I will have lots of questions about the capabilities of this camera. Please be patient...

TIA,
glenn
Glenn Gregorec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:24 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Color Coordination

Start by updating the firmware, so all three of them have the exact same version.

Next, go through EACH AND EVERY setting and make sure they are all the same. Another, easier way would be to restore them all to factory settings.

If none of these help, you next step is the JVC professional division service.
Old June 16th, 2011, 04:45 AM   #3
New Boot

firmwares ? WHERE ?!
in EU jvc have delete also those "free" for the payed customers...
I need teh last FW for my jvc 110 and 111...and no body (jvc) like give...only if I SEND my cam, and I pay.... REALLY CRAZY!!! no jvc web site (EU) have any more to download for about 2 years circa...
Jimiz Zanei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 06:37 AM   #4
Inner Circle

This happens with every manufacturer, Jimiz. They will not support old product for free for ever.

JVC has redesigned not only their EU website, but their US service website as well, and the old GY-HD100 stuff is all gone.

But are you sure you need to pay for the firmware? Registration has always been required in order to download the free upgrades...

Worse to worse, ask around... someone will for sure still have a EU version laying around on his computer...
Old June 17th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #5
Trustee

If the resolution from all three cameras is acceptable, you can color correct them in post.

Unfortunately, servicing the cameras will be cost-prohibitive, and finding firmware to match up is tough...but good luck.

If you have the ability to read component signals from these cameras, try this route. If they still don't match, I'm not sure a firmware update will solve your problem.
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #6
Major Player

sometimes colour matching identical camera's isn't a firmware issue, we bought 3 HD101's at my church at the same time, and there has always been one camera which is 200k different in it's whitebalance, also if you have filters or WA lens attachments this will also change your whitebalance.
If you have a colour chart use that when you shoot to match the camera's, also look up the sticky's on this jvc thread for Paolo's True Colour 3 matrix and you should do well.

good luck

Adam
Adam Letch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems