jvc br-hd50 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 22nd, 2005, 10:31 AM   #16
Barry Wan Kenobi

Both play back miniDV. The JVC can also play back DVCAM.

The 480/60p and 576/50p modes are standard-definition resolution, but they aren't NTSC or PAL or DV. They're HDV modes, encoded in MPEG-2. As such they play on the JVC, but I don't know whether the Sony has any ability to play them back or not.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2005, 04:59 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Does anyone have link to the intruction manual for this product?
Andrew Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2005, 04:32 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farrell
Does anyone have link to the intruction manual for this product?
Hello Andrew...
Here is your link...
http://books.jvcservice.com/booklist...del=BR-HD50U/E
Hope this will help you..somehow!

I had used this deck...and it seems that it works fine until now - I have used MDvPRO tapes from JVC with both DV and HD footage!
Constantin Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2005, 06:14 AM   #19
Trustee

I just don't see a reason to buy the deck. The Firestore solution is way cheaper and it can hold up to 80Gb in footage. How many tapes is that? No capturing, no moving parts. That's the way I'm going.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2005, 06:17 AM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantin Marin
I had used this deck...and it seems that it works fine until now - I have used MDvPRO tapes from JVC with both DV and HD footage!
Is there any real difference between a HDV or ProHD tape and a normal mini DV? I thought it was just a re-branding to sell them for more. Wouldn't good old Fuji mini DV tape be good for the HD100?
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2005, 07:36 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maier
Is there any real difference between a HDV or ProHD tape and a normal mini DV? I thought it was just a re-branding to sell them for more. Wouldn't good old Fuji mini DV tape be good for the HD100?
I don't know about any other brand of tape made for HDV, but the Sony tape, and presentations from BASF, demonstrate why the more expensive tape is better. Not only fewer dropout potential, but greater error correction due to +4dB better s/n ratio, which can mean a better picture, because the camera has fewer errors to correct for.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2005, 11:28 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maier
I just don't see a reason to buy the deck. The Firestore solution is way cheaper and it can hold up to 80Gb in footage. How many tapes is that? No capturing, no moving parts. That's the way I'm going.
Well I need a deck because I can't tell my clients and other cameramen to send me firestore drives to edit from. While that might be a good idea for my own personal capture (and a good way of counterweighting the HD100). I don't think deckless is a viable workflow option.
Edwin Huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #23
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
I don't know about any other brand of tape made for HDV, but the Sony tape, and presentations from BASF, demonstrate why the more expensive tape is better. Not only fewer dropout potential, but greater error correction due to +4dB better s/n ratio, which can mean a better picture, because the camera has fewer errors to correct for.
Really? And here I thought mini-DV was mini-DV.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems