Companion camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 18th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Companion camera

I am looking for an inexpensive (<$3500) HD camera to use with my HD-100. I was looking at the Sony HDR-AX2000 as a possibility. I would like to stay with non-tape storage, but I am not really interested in Panny's $$$$ P2 cards. Any other ideas?? I know that some of the Canons are not available and I will need it for early December. BTW I would prefer 3 sensors.... XLR inputs too..

Regards,
Jerry
Jerry Jesion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Companion camera

The Canon XF100?

Failing that why not buy another HD100/110 - so your videos match? You can also use the same tapes and workflow without additional investment in time/money/training.
Old September 19th, 2011, 05:31 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Companion camera

I agree. If you're in the $3500 price range I would just get another HD100/110. Hell for that matter get an HD200. UNLESS of course there are battery issues (like you don't have enough to go around, don't use the same type on both???? something) OR you simply want a smaller camera to tote around. I've heard some really good things about the HM100 as well and I would think that since it is also a JVC it would cut better with the HD100 than the Sony.
Just some thoughts but honestly if it were me, I'd go for another HD100/110.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems