DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HD100 delivery date??? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/50394-hd100-delivery-date.html)

Tim Baker September 1st, 2005 02:28 PM

HD100 delivery date???

Is anyone in the US getting their order of HD100s?

I was told by my supplier a couple of days ago...maybe in 10 days or so is when I might be able to expect mine.

However, I have heard of no one in the states...other than select dealers for demos...getting any of them yet?

Barry Green September 1st, 2005 03:12 PM

I know that EVS received one today for demo, and I've heard that other dealers should be getting one or so.

Don't know when quantity shipments will begin.

Kevin Shaw September 1st, 2005 03:26 PM

There were available for sale (in boxes ready to go) at the WEVA Expo earlier this month, for what that's worth.

Nick Hiltgen September 1st, 2005 05:18 PM

birns and sawyer out her was supposed to receive 2 of thier 20 today as well. They've already received the deck which looks pretty cool for what it's worth.

Nate Weaver September 1st, 2005 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Shaw
There were available for sale (in boxes ready to go) at the WEVA Expo earlier this month, for what that's worth.

They might have had boxes, but if they were for sale somebody would have piped up. The ones reaching resellers now are the first batch in the states.

Jiri Bakala September 1st, 2005 06:42 PM

Nothing in Canada (at least in BC) at this point. My dealer at Matrix in Vancouver doesn't even have a firm price and no date of delivery yet either.

Nate Weaver September 1st, 2005 10:58 PM

At least one of the ones in Los Angeles found a home today.

Greg Bellotte September 9th, 2005 01:31 PM

Mine is in route, to be delivered Mon 9/12!!

Tim Dashwood September 9th, 2005 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiri Bakala
Nothing in Canada (at least in BC) at this point. My dealer at Matrix in Vancouver doesn't even have a firm price and no date of delivery yet either.

Jiri,

They are definitely shipping in Canada. I received two on August 20 of the very first shipment in Canada, and then there was another a week later. I was at JVC this week to exchange my cameras with brand new units (split screen problem) and my understanding was that another big shipment was on its way.
You have to put a deposit down if you want to get their attention. New units that arrive are being sent to customers who have placed orders, and there may not be enough demo units to go around. Demand far exceeds supply right now. We put our deposit down back in June and we were at the top of the list.

Tim Baker September 11th, 2005 10:23 AM

Got mine...

Just picked up my HD100 package on Thursday...just got back from a shoot with other gear, but it just so happened that I was in the area of my supplier, so I got it.

All totalled...under $5000.00 with a case of tape to burn through it...woooohooo...and am I loving it?

If someone can email me the process of posting clips....tim@chameleonmvp.com...I will get some out when I get back in the country on the 20th. Headed to Buenos Aires for some work tomorrow and I will be back then.

By the way...my supplier ships nationwide and it was an awesome sales experience and price...just call Bob Watson at Watson Industries (239)283-3133. Sorry for the sales pitch, but he was just awesome through it all...since I was calling him almost everyday hounding him to get it to me...anyone that will put up with me being anxious for new gear...I will give 'em a plug.

Thanks all.

Jiri Bakala September 11th, 2005 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
Jiri,

They are definitely shipping in Canada. I received two on August 20 of the very first shipment in Canada, and then there was another a week later. I was at JVC this week to exchange my cameras with brand new units (split screen problem) and my understanding was that another big shipment was on its way.

Thanks for the update, Tim. I did post the day I talked with the salesman at Matrix in Vancouver. I am sure they have them now. Was your split screen problem corrected on the new unit?

Tim Dashwood September 11th, 2005 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiri Bakala
Thanks for the update, Tim. Was your split screen problem corrected on the new unit?

Yeah. The split screen on my new units only shows up at +15db or +18db (if you look really hard.) The effect also seems to lessen after the camera has warmed up.
I am very happy with these new units and now I know how to mask bad pixels if I happen to see any in the future.

Tim

Mel Namnama September 14th, 2005 09:21 PM

Hello Everyone, after months of waiting for word from B&H in NYC, I tried Beach Camera in NJ. The salesperson Bill , at their Edison warehouse arranged for me to pickup the unit directly from them , same day, no express delivery, no wait, no pre order payment. Very credible service...now if only the camera worked so well.