Issues playing back DR-HD100 recorded MOV files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 2nd, 2012, 06:22 AM   #1
Wrangler

Issues playing back DR-HD100 recorded MOV files

If you are suddenly getting error messages like "An invalid public movie atom was found in the movie" when you try to open .mov files you recorded with the DR-HD100, this document may shed some light on the issue.

http://www.focusinfo.com/dynassets/d...t_10.21.11.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITEC
October 21, 2011
Important VITEC Multimedia Support Notice

Currently, there is an issue with FS-XXX recorded files and Final Cut Pro X, and Mac OS, because of compatibility with these latest versions of Quicktime player:
Version 7.7, Release in August 2011 for Mac OS Snow Leopard, Windows 7, Vista, and XP Version 10.1 Released in July 2011 for Mac OS 10.7 Lion

Apple released these Quicktime updates to address several important security issues and unfortunately our Quicktime wrapped HDV files no longer are compatible. We strongly suggest that you don’t run any Quicktime updaters on systems critical to video editing until this is resolved. One way to verify this problem is to note that the clips play back correctly with other players, such as VLC (VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!), but not with Quicktime-based players.

We are working with Apple on a permanent fix, but right now we only have some suggested workarounds:
- Record in the .m2t file format and convert the footage to .mov - Use MPEG
Streamclip (Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows) or another conversion application to convert
- Import the FS-XXX folders into Adobe Premiere Pro (CS5). Exported as an XML file, then import the XML file into FCP7 using their XML function available via File drop-down menu
- If you are not running Lion and you have Final Cut Pro 6 or 7, you may be able to downgrade your Quicktime player so your files will work. This is at your own risk or course, but many customers have had success with downgrading their Quicktime player by following the steps listed here. We suggest trying Quicktime Player Version 7.6.6 on OS 10.6 Snow Leopard
Using Pacifist to downgrade QuickTime - Digital Rebellion Blog

If you cannot downgrade using Pacifist or you do not want to try this suggestion, you may need to contact Apple for further assistance with downgrading your Quicktime player.
We will inform you via email of any changes regarding this issue if you have previously contacted us about this or if you send an email:
To: support@focusinfo.com,
Subject: QT Issue.
VITEC Multimedia Support
931 Sunnyvale,CA
E: support@focusinfo.com
P: 650-230-2429
Old December 28th, 2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Issues playing back DR-HD100 recorded MOV files

Hi, Not sure anyone is still using our old HD1xx/2xx series, but yes I got the same error when I updated my Quicktime or FCP. (at the same time?) I contacted focus enhancements and they sent me a mini program that fixes the problem. ask for their HDFileConverterUpdater. drag and drop your quicktime files onto the program and instantly the root file-marker-thingy is rewritten so Quicktime and FCPX can read the files no problem. I don't know if they have updated the firmware so you don't have to do it, but it seems to work in up to at least OS X 10.9.5
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems