Capture program for HD 110 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 10th, 2013, 07:30 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Capture program for HD 110

I have been having trouble with the capture feature in my editing program (Vegas). Is there another option that someone can recommend other than HDVSplit?

Regards,
Jerry
Jerry Jesion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Capture program for HD 110

TMPG Encoder is another working option, but for the life of me I can't understand why HDV Split would not work for you... I used on both Windows XP and 7 with no issues at all.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 02:25 AM   #3
Trustee

Adobe Onlocation (not available in CS6 but is part of the earlier versions). Not available standalone.
Old April 30th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #4
Trustee

Silly question but is your clock set in the camera?
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Jerry can you be a bit more specific as to what kind of trouble you're having with Vegas capture before we go and recommend something that may or may not be right for you.
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:23 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Randy - yes the clock is set. Don - capture in VV 12 pro does not show any dropouts, but there are gaps in the footage (areas of black) and tiling.

FYI HDVSplit often gives footage that crashes Vegas pretty much immediately on importing.

A suggestion from someone on Sony's Vegas forum suggested going back to version 8 for capture. So far this seems to work, but it creates a separate clip each time recording is stopped. Not a deal breaker, but can be annoying.

Regards,
Jerry
Jerry Jesion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 09:51 AM   #7
Inner Circle

OK well at least you have a work around. As for a separate clip for each time the record button is pushed, yeah that's the way it is supposed to work. That's why it's important to set the clock. However if you want to get 1 big clip IIRC there is a way in the Sony capture program to do that. I can't remember for sure because frankly I have never used the Sony capture program except in version 2 then from 3 on I used Scenealyzer for all of my SD tapes. I never did HDV and of course with solid state cameras I have no need for the capture program anyway. Look in the capture of version 8 and see if there's a way to set it to capture one long clip if that's what you want.
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I can't get hdv split to work in windows 7, for this cam ... any tricks or tips?
Rob Stowell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems