More questions about SD card files... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 29th, 2005, 09:49 AM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

More questions about SD card files...

I had posted this earlier but it was lost within another discussion:

I believe that you're limited to only four files on any SD card regardless of the card capacity. Can somebody confirm this please?

Also, this could be an HD100 owner's tip -- say you're limited to four files on a card. But surely there's no limit to the number of cards you can store to. If you had five or six spare 8MB cards laying around, doesn't that mean you can now have twenty or twenty-four extra scene files, four to each card?

Also, are the file settings readable as a text document on your computer? If so, it would be great if somebody could post the contents of one of those files here. I'm just curious about the total number of parameters, the names of the various card settings, etc. Thanks in advance,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 10:00 AM   #2
Major Player

Indeed,

Nate and Tim, you seem to get great results with the lattitude, perhaps you could put up the setup-files that were used?
Werner Wesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 10:10 AM   #3
Wrangler

I need to get a SD card reader and test it. I think the cards must be formatted like a standard SD card in a digital camera because I stuck one from the HD100 in my friend's digital camera and it was able to take pictures on it without re-formatting.
In theory, we should be able to copy the settings files straight from the card on any PC or Mac with a SD card reader. I'm surprised no one has tried.
Tim Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 11:34 AM   #4
Major Player

You can probably just connect the HD100 via USB and look at the contents of the SD card.

All cameras I owned always did that, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Old September 29th, 2005, 12:49 PM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe there is a USB connector on the HD100.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 01:31 PM   #6
Major Player

Can one use a card reader? I have one with 4 different slots for 4 different kinds of cards. Maybe that's what Dave meant.
Old October 7th, 2005, 06:05 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Only 8 Setups

I posted this in another post, you can only save 8 setups, no matter what size of card you have. Got this confrimed from JVC, JCS Dubai, JVC engineers factory japan. But you can use multiple card, tried to find 16mb cards here in Dubai, but minimum size available way 64mb. How things change a few days back the normal size was 128 mb now its 512mb, so when you ask for 16mb you get a strange look from the sales guy.
Yusuf Thakur is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems