How to fit a Takumar lens to GY-HD200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 27th, 2013, 08:27 AM   #1
New Boot

How to fit a Takumar lens to GY-HD200

I have a GY-HD200 and purchased the HZ-CA13U Film Lens Adapter. After discovering the Takumar lenses, I found a guy in the Ukraine that makes an M42 to PL mount adapter, so I ordered it for $85 and after waiting a month to receive it the PL mount fits fine on the HZ-CA13U Film Lens Adapter but the Takumar lens does not match the threads on the M42 side of the adapter. Either the adapter is crap or there are multiple thread sizes in the M42 mount. I have not been able to find anyone who has a fix for this.

MY QUESTION: Is anyone using these lenses with the GY-HD200 and how? Thanks, very frustrated
Fred Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: How to fit a Takumar lens to GY-HD200

yes, m42 exist with 2 different threading. obviously you get incompatibles ones.
get rid of one threading and glue the lens in the adapter....
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2014, 05:02 PM   #3
New Boot

Re: How to fit a Takumar lens to GY-HD200

I had a friend who happens to be a machinist fabricate an adapter that attached to the HZ-CA13U Film Lens Adapter replacing the PL mount part of the adapter which was attached by screws. He was able to machine the M42 threads in the adapter. The reason I removed the PL mount piece of the HZ-CA13U Lens Adapter was so that the Takumar lens could be located closer to the HZ-CA13U lens in order to have a range of back focus adjustment. This worked really well and we love the look of these lens. The only issue is that the 35mm lens is magnified resulting in opening the distance between the cam and talent but the DOF seems to work just fine and I really like being able to use the Fstops on the lens. By the way, there is no vignetting at all.
Fred Barrett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems