DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   broken firewire on GY201E (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/522013-broken-firewire-gy201e.html)

Peter Bosse March 4th, 2014 05:25 AM

broken firewire on GY201E

Hi to all, is there anyone that knows where to find a spare firewire board for my camrecorder?
I am Dutch in Macedonia and here the price is very expensive, around 500$ and need to wait 4 weeks if I order this.
So if any one knows where to find a replacement or a broken camera for spareparts

In advance thank you, Peter

Dave Farrants March 4th, 2014 07:10 AM

Re: broken firewire on GY201E

No idea where you might find one these days, I had one replaced a few years ago by JVC in London - cost me £350UKP and they did it in 5 days. I did see some 201's with very high head hours going for £1000 complete with lens a year or so back but they've all gone now. You might do better looking for a BR-HD50 deck, I've seen several with low hours go on eBay for around £300 recently. I wish you well with your search!

Peter Bosse March 4th, 2014 11:55 AM

Hi Dave thanks for the reply, I guess I was nor lucky as near to where I am a broken JVC has just been sold to another guy, it was just 200 euro.
Again my plan was to buy a HD drive recorder in order not to use tapes, and for that i also need a working firewire.
But to buy and spend so much money for a board is not worth looking at the age of my JVC although it has only 42 drum hours.
But will take a look if I can find a deck.
Again thank you!

Peter Bosse March 6th, 2014 05:31 AM

I'm looking and looking but can't find any deck besides round 800-1000 euro
Maybe to find a broken JVC just for parts, can anyone give me some links where to look further?

Dave Farrants March 6th, 2014 05:35 AM

BB list - https://www.bblist.co.uk/

TVBay - TV-BAY - For Sale - Broadcast Equipment sales professional camcorders video recorders monitors VTR lens batteries video equipment and sony broadcast

Try putting a "Wanted" on either of those.

Peter Bosse March 7th, 2014 09:39 AM

thanks bro

Peter Bosse March 11th, 2014 11:22 AM

I'm getting confused here.
In Skopje the importer of JVC Pro is Vision.
Got a phone call that the part, firewire board is 1000 euro...
When I read the price Dave paid, 350 BP is so much cheaper...

Dave Farrants March 11th, 2014 11:41 AM

It was a £350 repair, I still have the invoice from a couple of years ago. Mine was a GY-HD100 and they fitted a new FW board with a 'protection' modification (I guess it was to stop anyone putting a 6 pin FW in the wrong way round - like I did!).

It was done by JVC Head Office London (Staples Corner), I took it in then collected it personally about 5 days later. I'm not sure they still do on-site repairs but it's worth contacting them to see - You need to search for JVC Professional - JVC Professional Europe - it's probably at least worth an email to them.

Peter Bosse March 11th, 2014 11:52 AM

OK I am now even more confused as JVC is JVC right?
Could you maybe email them how much they charge for the board only, I mean the part without putting it inside?

Dave Farrants March 11th, 2014 12:29 PM

Sent you an email with invoice details.

Peter Bosse March 11th, 2014 02:26 PM

Hi Dave no private message here so I wrote you with my email info, cheers Peter

Peter Bosse March 12th, 2014 01:02 AM

I guess the email is not working.

Dave Farrants March 12th, 2014 01:06 AM

Strange, I got yr em through the system. did u get the personal em I sent with info?

Peter Bosse March 12th, 2014 03:36 AM

no i did not Dave, nothing in my box, try pjbosse@gamil.com please

Peter Bosse April 2nd, 2014 09:18 AM

Hi Dave I wanted to update you:
Found the parts and all is ok, also I followed your advise and got myself with a nice discount a BR 50HD from TV bay.
So ones again thank you very much for all the help on here and on my email, please keep in mind that I own you the biggest Dutch beer and again, thank you bro!