Battery Recommendation For GY-HD100U - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 10th, 2007, 04:23 PM   #76
Major Player

Jeff don't jump to IDX too fast

I've so far got 3hrs fan and 1 hour Drum on my first battery as I've been playing around with my new HD251 and also been reviewing footage, and the battery is now down to about half charge according to the led's, and the voltage is showing about 14.4v. Even if I only get another 30 to 40mins drum hours out of these globalmedia pro vmount 95wh batteries, I think that make them a great buy.
Over here in Australia the IDX 75wh batteries are like $500 each, and the charger the plus pro version is about $800. These shipped from New Zealand cost me like $220Aust each, and the charger $280. I've only had them for a short time, so maybe count that into your evaluation as who knows what long life performance is like.

cheers

Adam
Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 08:51 PM   #77
New Boot

Battery Recommendation For GY-HD100U

Turns out DSMPOWER is very very busy.
Even more amazing, the US distributor gives off the impression that they don't think there is much of a market for the battery.

After receiving MY DSM-J7472 from H. Preston Media in the UK the other day I immediately plugged it in to my stock JVC charger. Two hours and change later the battery was ready for its first test, a battle of the bands at the Firewater Bar and Grill in Dallas, TX....five bands in six hours.
The DSM-J7472 held up for almost FOUR HOURS without a glitch.
I cannot think of a better $315.00 investment.
I haven't tried out powering my LED obie with the included accessory power jack yet but I will let you folks know how long the battery stays up with the obie turned on next post.

If you aren't ready to go the Anton Bauer or IDX route THIS IS THE battery for your HD100 or 110.
Jeffery Haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 11:17 PM   #78
Major Player

GlobalMedia 95wh battery

ok so my final count was 3 fan hours and 2 drum hours on one charge, the last hour was also spent first thing on a cold morning where the battery died quite quickly, maybe in warmer conditions you may squeeze another 30mins out of it.
Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 12:31 AM   #79
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Martland View Post
Hi

Just to let you know, with the help of JVC Pro, we are making a 52Wh Li-ion battery that will power a GY-HD100 camera for 3 hours.

The battery will sit off the back of the camera by about 25mm ( 1")
It can also be charged on the cameras supplied charger unit. It will also have a socket for a DC upper to power a Firestore. We are also making a rear mounting Firestore bracket for this camera.

Details are on our website, www.dsmpower.tv a photo will be there later this week.
---Beg pardon there David...any reason why you've appeared to have dropped the effort to make these batteries more available?
I'm convinced that quite a few folks would like to have a better go at it but your site hasn't been updated in quite some time.

Be a good sport and let us have a distributor here in the USA would you now?

JeffH in TX
Jeffery Haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:59 AM   #80
Major Player

Hey Adam are you able to email me the details on your battery set up?
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:23 AM   #81
Regular Crew

Is anyone using the Series 7 battery system?

http://www.series7battery.com/jvc.htm
Jim Boda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2008, 09:32 AM   #82
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery Haas View Post
---Beg pardon there David...any reason why you've appeared to have dropped the effort to make these batteries more available?
I'm convinced that quite a few folks would like to have a better go at it but your site hasn't been updated in quite some time.

Be a good sport and let us have a distributor here in the USA would you now?

JeffH in TX
Hi Dave Martland here, I own DSM batteries, Sorry for the late reply !!! We tried Empire, but they are mainly in the consumer market and not in professional Broadcast market. Not had any other takers !. JVC can't sell it in the US or Europe, but they sell it outside these countries. Politics !. We are still making the J7472 battery and have a Firestore mount together with a 12V upper circuit to power it from the battery. Of interest to some, we are are working on a reasonably priced high powered solution for the Sony (R) EX3, able to power a light and other equipment. it will include a shoulder mount with a V-Mount battery, and for those without a V-Mount charger, a high quality, low cost plug-in worldwide mains charger with cell balancing function.
David Martland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems