Repair Firewire port at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 9th, 2014, 02:39 AM   #1
New Boot

Repair Firewire port

Hello people,
I am after some advice of course, simply would you advise me to repair the FW port on my GY 251 prior to my selling it ?
The camera has high hours, but with both a recent CCD block replacement and full tape system service.
Many thanks in anticipation!
Jon Enkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2014, 04:26 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Repair Firewire port

If you don't get it repaired the camera will only sell to someone who already has a working JVC ProHD or a BR-HD50. My last FW socket repair was around £350 (a few years ago now). High hours 250/251's were selling on BBlist for £1000 - £1200 for 1000+ operating hours (but not tape transport as output went to a mixer) when I was looking for one, although with invoices showing your recent CCD block replacement and tape transport service you should get more than that if you get the FW repaired as well.
Old June 9th, 2014, 05:10 AM   #3
New Boot

Re: Repair Firewire port

Many thanks for that Dave!
Jon Enkel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems