Component capture - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 8th, 2005, 08:28 AM   #16
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT Corwin
As I said in previous posts...

Analog output doesn't work in HDV when set to auto or component, which is the one combo I'm interested in.

thanks,
Well that's not quite true - as both Barry and Stephen pointed out it does work in HD - your monitor simply isn't capable of displaying it.

There is another thread around here on HD monitor options.

As someone else pointed out a HD component to DVCProHD over firewire would be real handy..and BTW you don't need a Mac to capture that; a PC will work just fine.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2005, 09:54 AM   #17
Regular Crew

component capture

[QUOTE=John Mitchell]Well that's not quite true - as both Barry and Stephen pointed out it does work in HD - your monitor simply isn't capable of displaying it.

It would have been nice if the JVC manual described the outputs (on page 54) correctly.
They describe the composite/component connection. They do not mention that the component connection is HD when the camera is set to HDV playback and analog RGB when the camera is set to SD/DV playback, though once you know it, it makes perfect sense. It's very hard to figure out when it does downconvert and when it doesn't and how you can monitor that.

I'm certainly really glad to hear that the HD signal is available for recording!

Does anyone know what HD recording equipment uses 3 RCA connectors?
I've only seen that used for consumer HD televisions and DVD players.

And, it was another poster that commented on Apple laptops, I'm platform agnostic and own both :)

Thanks to all for clearing this up!
BT Corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2005, 10:12 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT Corwin
Does anyone know what HD recording equipment uses 3 RCA connectors?
All you need is a BNC-RCA adaptors if you have a VTR with BNCs (like DVCPRO HD).
Old October 9th, 2005, 03:09 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Hear in Jakarta Split screen can be fixed

I spoke to Alphateck, the company that represents JVC in Indonesia. They do have the computer program and they do know the adjustments that have to be done for the split screen. They fixed in less than an hour a dead pixel that I had. I am going to fix the split screen thing on the 15th of this month.
Then I will let you know about the results.. By the way, I have some footage from 2 short movies from Korea that used the camera. I could post some stills but I would like to know how I should do this. My personal opinion is that the camera is really a professional tool. Even though the color defect of the lense obliges you to be very carefull with highlights and light reflections, the camera delivers very nice and sharp footage, nice colors and really impressive contrast and blacks. The ergonomics are really a pleasure for a camera at that price.
I got my self a pair of Inik batteries (Made in China), 14,4V 6,6 Ah (95 wh) and i think that i solved my energy problem. The camera balances perfectly with the extra weight of the battery.
We will start a big project on the 17th of the month for an Indonesian/Japanese Aluminum smelter project and a power plant located in Sumatra over the lake Toba.
Great Junggle views, rivers, water falls, wild life etc.
We will use two HD101E and we will shoot at 720 30p in order to work in FCP. I hope that it will be a success for us and for the cameras.
Panos Bournias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #20
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Bakala
All you need is a BNC-RCA adaptors if you have a VTR with BNCs (like DVCPRO HD).
Or an HD component to HDSDI converter for those decks that take SDI. AJA make one here:

http://www.ajavideo.com/hd10a.htm

and I'm pretty sure there's others out there from Miranda etc

Interestingly the HVX 200 will only record DV to tape. DVCPro, DVCPro50 and DVCProHD are reserved for the P2's although I believe Firestore will be marketing a hard disk recorder.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems