Birth of a 12,000mAh battery - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 17th, 2005, 02:46 AM   #31
Major Player

Thanks for the update, I am sure your battery developer will be interested in your discovery too.
Guy Barwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2005, 07:41 AM   #32
Major Player

Endurance Update:

I did a test on this battery with a DV301 (10W camera) on the weekend.

Remember a (new) 428 battery lost the first cell (of 3) in the battery guage on this camera in 50min with the LCD and VF on but not recording, focusing or zooming.

I turned the camera on at 6:15pm and left it on all night. I shot about 70min of tape (reception like event, birthday party actually) and the first cell dropped off at about 10pm, neally 4 hours later.

Given the battery is about 4.5x the capacity of the 428 it is not too suprising, but it is reassuring. If the 428 lasts about 40-60min hour on a HD101, this battery would last about 180-270min (3-4.5 hours).

Cool, now I just have to wait 6 months for this new rumoured replacement model, which probably won't even use the JVC battery mount...
Old October 24th, 2005, 08:51 AM   #33
Major Player

I ordered 4 Power2000 3500 Mha batteries from B&H. I hope those rumors about third-party batteries aren't more than rumors... I found an original BN-V428 on ebay from a German guy for only 15€, I was very lucky. Most batteries posted on ebay as original are a fake, be carefull.
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2005, 09:24 AM   #34
Major Player

Be sure to post your results with these Power2000 batteries please.

You could always do what I did in this thread with the 428 you got of eBay if it is getting a bit old in the tooth (the cells start to die).
Old October 24th, 2005, 10:04 AM   #35
Major Player

Well, I have bought the IDX, so I get a new BN-428 battery with the camcorder which remains unused. Anyone interested perhaps?
Werner Wesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2005, 11:49 AM   #36
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Barwood
Be sure to post your results with these Power2000 batteries please.

You could always do what I did in this thread with the 428 you got of eBay if it is getting a bit old in the tooth (the cells start to die).
This one I've got of eBay is original, the guy bought this battery and never used it. Hopefully it won't get old so soon, but I could try what you did with other replacement batteries very cheap on ebay...

I will post how these Power2000 perform as soon as I get them. I have some for my PD150 and one for my photo camera working as well as the original ones. They cost almost the same as the JVC's but have 3500 mAh instead of 2800. I also ordered a Power2000 charger, this JVC takes 6 hours to charge 2 batteries.
Old October 25th, 2005, 06:24 AM   #37
Major Player

how long does the Power2000 take to charge a single 428?
Old October 25th, 2005, 08:05 AM   #38
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Barwood
how long does the Power2000 take to charge a single 428?
It's a rapid charger, they say it charges most batteries in 30-60 Mins. I won't use it as a regular charger and with the original JVC batteries, rapid chargers are not sweet with batteries.

A correction, Power2000 batteries have a capacity of 3200 mAh and not 3500 mAh as I posted.

Last edited by Diogo Athouguia; October 26th, 2005 at 07:03 AM.
Old October 26th, 2005, 05:02 PM   #39
Major Player

I have the Power2000 batteries already. I've got 2 on charge and 1 in the camera that seems to be working perfectly. I never charged the battery and the camera is turned on for about 15 minutes, I think that afterall not only JVC batteries work with the HD-100.

About the charger, it says Turbo Charger on the box... but they claim it lasts 3 hours to charge a 7.4V battery with 1800 mAh... I wonder how long it will take to charge these with 3200mAh. The good thing about it, it comes with a bonus european adaptor plug and a car cigarret plug. I will post how they perform in a few days, after they reach their full capacity. As you probably know batteries need a few charges and discharges to preform at 100%.

By the way, these batteries are manufactured by Vidpro, www.vidprousa.com

(1 hour later) - The camera was on for 1 hour and 5 minutes on standby with the LCD oppened, I used the recorder for about 5 minutes. I never charged this battery, it was used for the very first time. This kills the rumour that third-party batteries don't work with the HD-100, at least these Power2000 do but they cost almost as much as the original ones.

These batteries will do the work for a few months before I'll be able to purchase an A-B power solution.

Last edited by Diogo Athouguia; October 26th, 2005 at 05:53 PM.
Old October 27th, 2005, 02:17 AM   #40
Major Player

Great new they work, that will give me a very good chance of these 12,000mAh batteries working on a HD101 if/when I get one.
Old October 27th, 2005, 07:32 AM   #41
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo Athouguia
This kills the rumour that third-party batteries don't work with the HD-100, at least these Power2000 do but they cost almost as much as the original ones.

These batteries will do the work for a few months before I'll be able to purchase an A-B power solution.

I already said this, but look like I need to say it again:
Watch out which third party battery you buy, because I bought five 428 battery with two charger (came with cigarette lighter cord too), on e-bay for $60 shipping included from Toronto to Windsor ON Canada.
NON OF THEM WORK FOR MORE THEN 10 SECONDS.
Doesn't matter I used the JVC charger or the third party charger. I sent them back, and they gave my money back.
So, look like the Power2000 OK, but theese wasn't!
I don't know which brand was these. Was only "Replacement for JVC 428" on the batteries.
This happend with me with the Sony 960 batteries too. (from different supplier, different brands) Some brand worked with the FX1 some others not.

Laszlo
Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2005, 08:22 AM   #42
Major Player

I still think this is because these batteries couldn't sustain the current drain the camera required of them, not an electronic rejection of the batteries as non genuine.
Old October 27th, 2005, 10:22 AM   #43
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo Horvath
I already said this, but look like I need to say it again:
Watch out which third party battery you buy, because I bought five 428 battery with two charger (came with cigarette lighter cord too), on e-bay for $60 shipping included from Toronto to Windsor ON Canada.
NON OF THEM WORK FOR MORE THEN 10 SECONDS.
Doesn't matter I used the JVC charger or the third party charger. I sent them back, and they gave my money back.
So, look like the Power2000 OK, but theese wasn't!
I don't know which brand was these. Was only "Replacement for JVC 428" on the batteries.
This happend with me with the Sony 960 batteries too. (from different supplier, different brands) Some brand worked with the FX1 some others not.

Laszlo
We talked before Lazlo, I was about to purchase some cheap 3500 mAh batteries before you tell me that yours didn't work, so I decided to purchase these ones... not so cheap but trustworthy. I also purchased a Sony replacement battery for my camera light and it doesn't work, it's another brand. I will send it back.

I think the problem isn't the camera that rejects non JVC batteries, the problem is that these cheap batteries are crap. But here's my message, if your looking for good and cheaper batteries try these Power2000.
Old October 27th, 2005, 12:31 PM   #44
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo Athouguia
But here's my message, if your looking for good and cheaper batteries try these Power2000.
I already bought the IDX adaptor, so I can use my Switronix V-mount batteries.
Work great

Laszlo
Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems