DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Possible in camera Flip-flop?? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/52966-possible-camera-flip-flop.html)

Anders Floe October 18th, 2005 04:27 PM

Possible in camera Flip-flop??

Is it possible to flip flop(mirror left and right) or rotate the image 180 degrees with the HD100 during recording??

Thanks

Tim Dashwood October 18th, 2005 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders Floe
Is it possible to flip flop(mirror left and right) or rotate the image 180 degrees with the HD100 during recording??

Thanks

You must want to use a micro35? The LCD flips top/bottom when it is put into reverse mode, so you could probably use a small magnet to trick the sensor like on other cameras.

Interestingly, there is a LCD L/R option in the ADVANCED MENU - but I'm not certain of its purpose and I haven't tested it.

Either way, the image off the sensors stays "normal" when recorded to tape, so you would have to flip or flop in post.

Anders Floe October 19th, 2005 10:17 AM

Well, it was the "do it in post" that I wanted to avoid. I really can't understand why there isn't any simple way of doing this. Alot of projectors and monitors can easily rotate the image. Isn't there any capture program out there which can capture HDV rotated 180 degrees without quality loss and the need of rendering??? Isn't it just a question of somehow getting the camera or the computer to read the pixelrows from the oppesite side?

Thanks.

David Newman October 19th, 2005 11:28 AM

All the CineForm products added 180 degree rotation upon capture several months ago -- we partnered with Redrock Micro to add this support. Check out (Aspect HD or Connect HD for HDV support.)

Anders Floe October 19th, 2005 11:34 AM

It seems like just the thing I need. Does it work on a mac?

David Newman October 19th, 2005 11:57 AM

Sorry, Apple can't (yet) support the kinds or acceleration and processing using by the CineForm products. Look into LumiereHD to see if they can help you.

Tim Dashwood October 19th, 2005 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman
Sorry, Apple can't (yet) support the kinds or acceleration and processing using by the CineForm products. Look into LumiereHD to see if they can help you.

Even on a Quad G5 at 76 Gigaflops?

David Newman October 19th, 2005 02:30 PM

Yep -- even with large numbers of meaningless significance. :) The issue is not processing speed, it is the architecture of Final Cut Pro that doesn't allow for the type of third party acceleration we build. We have discussed that with Apple technical people -- so we have our fingers crossed. I figure they that will fix this issue, but they will be on the Intel processor by then.

John Mitchell October 19th, 2005 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman
Yep -- even with large numbers of meaningless significance. :) The issue is not processing speed, it is the architecture of Final Cut Pro that doesn't allow for the type of third party acceleration we build. We have discussed that with Apple technical people -- so we have our fingers crossed. I figure they that will fix this issue, but they will be on the Intel processor by then.

Is that code for it doesn't support Direct X?

David Newman October 19th, 2005 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Mitchell
Is that code for it doesn't support Direct X?

We don't use too much DirectX, so no, the issue with FCP support for RT 10-bit HD is more complex than that.