DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Tripod Mounting (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/53081-tripod-mounting.html)

Marty Baggen October 20th, 2005 10:07 AM

Tripod Mounting

Is anyone using the camera directly onto a tripod without a plate?

Nate Weaver October 20th, 2005 11:20 AM

Sure. I'm using the balance plate on my Bogen 510 head. Works great.

Troy Pousardien October 20th, 2005 12:21 PM

I ordered the plate just in case, but found the camera mounted nicely on my Bogen 501 Head. I sent the plate back.

Stephen L. Noe October 20th, 2005 12:29 PM

You cab attach it to a regular 1/4 inch tripod plate or you can get the adapter. Either way is OK.

BT Corwin October 20th, 2005 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Baggen
Is anyone using the camera directly onto a tripod without a plate?

I have been using the balance plate from my sachtler hotpod while waiting delivery of the JVC quick release plate. I just screwed it directly to the front bottom of the camera. All the screw holes line up perfectly.

While the balance plate has worked just fine, I don't like the extra metal on the bottom of the camera. Also, when releasing the camera, it falls forward.

I just got the tripod plate a couple of days ago, but now I have to wait for my camera to come back from JVC.

Dave Beaty October 20th, 2005 08:54 PM

I'm using the JVC adaptor plate. One thing that bothered me, The kit is essentially two parts, a little metal plate with two protruding rails and a standard SONY pro quick release tripod plate with JVC logo on it. Only the front part is used and the rear pin on the plate that supports big cameras is unused.

The camera fits on all our Sony quick release plates once this $5 part is installed with 4 small screws. It's nice to have a new quick release plate included but some of us don't need it for an extra $200 or so bucks. But it's way better that having to screw in a plate.

Dave

Laszlo Horvath October 20th, 2005 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Beaty
I'm using the JVC adaptor plate. One thing that bothered me, The kit is essentially two parts, a little metal plate with two protruding rails and a standard SONY pro quick release tripod plate with JVC logo on it. Only the front part is used and the rear pin on the plate that supports big cameras is unused.

The camera fits on all our Sony quick release plates once this $5 part is installed with 4 small screws. It's nice to have a new quick release plate included but some of us don't need it for an extra $200 or so bucks. But it's way better that having to screw in a plate.

Dave

Dave I have a extra Sony tripod plate from my DSR-300. Any possibility to buy this small "metal plate" only?

Tim Dashwood October 20th, 2005 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laszlo Horvath
Dave I have a extra Sony tripod plate from my DSR-300. Any possibility to buy this small "metal plate" only?

You know, I bought the Cavision matte box and the mount with rods has the v-mount built in. If you are planning on buying a matte box it may be a non-issue.

Laszlo Horvath October 20th, 2005 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
You know, I bought the Cavision matte box and the mount with rods has the v-mount built in. If you are planning on buying a matte box it may be a non-issue.

1, So if I understand right, the mattebox come with this "metal plate" which is need for the Sony's tripod plate adaptor?

2, I'll may will buy the Formatt FM-500 if the adapter ring is OK for the stock lens. You said in other post the Cavision is too heavy. Also the Formatt is only $350

Laszlo

Werner Wesp October 21st, 2005 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laszlo Horvath

Yep, it is sold seperately, the lowest price I can get is €120 + VAT, which is about $170+taxes.... ( a little more then $5...)