Tripod Mounting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 20th, 2005, 10:07 AM   #1
Major Player

Tripod Mounting

Is anyone using the camera directly onto a tripod without a plate?
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 11:20 AM   #2
Wrangler

Sure. I'm using the balance plate on my Bogen 510 head. Works great.
Old October 20th, 2005, 12:21 PM   #3
New Boot

I ordered the plate just in case, but found the camera mounted nicely on my Bogen 501 Head. I sent the plate back.
Troy Pousardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 12:29 PM   #4
Trustee

You cab attach it to a regular 1/4 inch tripod plate or you can get the adapter. Either way is OK.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 06:29 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Baggen
Is anyone using the camera directly onto a tripod without a plate?
I have been using the balance plate from my sachtler hotpod while waiting delivery of the JVC quick release plate. I just screwed it directly to the front bottom of the camera. All the screw holes line up perfectly.

While the balance plate has worked just fine, I don't like the extra metal on the bottom of the camera. Also, when releasing the camera, it falls forward.

I just got the tripod plate a couple of days ago, but now I have to wait for my camera to come back from JVC.
BT Corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 08:54 PM   #6
Major Player

I'm using the JVC adaptor plate. One thing that bothered me, The kit is essentially two parts, a little metal plate with two protruding rails and a standard SONY pro quick release tripod plate with JVC logo on it. Only the front part is used and the rear pin on the plate that supports big cameras is unused.

The camera fits on all our Sony quick release plates once this $5 part is installed with 4 small screws. It's nice to have a new quick release plate included but some of us don't need it for an extra $200 or so bucks. But it's way better that having to screw in a plate.

Dave
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 09:24 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Beaty
I'm using the JVC adaptor plate. One thing that bothered me, The kit is essentially two parts, a little metal plate with two protruding rails and a standard SONY pro quick release tripod plate with JVC logo on it. Only the front part is used and the rear pin on the plate that supports big cameras is unused.

The camera fits on all our Sony quick release plates once this $5 part is installed with 4 small screws. It's nice to have a new quick release plate included but some of us don't need it for an extra $200 or so bucks. But it's way better that having to screw in a plate.

Dave
Dave I have a extra Sony tripod plate from my DSR-300. Any possibility to buy this small "metal plate" only?

Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 09:43 PM   #8
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo Horvath
Dave I have a extra Sony tripod plate from my DSR-300. Any possibility to buy this small "metal plate" only?

You know, I bought the Cavision matte box and the mount with rods has the v-mount built in. If you are planning on buying a matte box it may be a non-issue.
Tim Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 09:51 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
You know, I bought the Cavision matte box and the mount with rods has the v-mount built in. If you are planning on buying a matte box it may be a non-issue.
1, So if I understand right, the mattebox come with this "metal plate" which is need for the Sony's tripod plate adaptor?

2, I'll may will buy the Formatt FM-500 if the adapter ring is OK for the stock lens. You said in other post the Cavision is too heavy. Also the Formatt is only $350

Laszlo
Laszlo Horvath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2005, 02:19 AM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo Horvath

Yep, it is sold seperately, the lowest price I can get is €120 + VAT, which is about $170+taxes.... ( a little more then $5...)
Werner Wesp is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems