Modern solid-state recording options for HD-100 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 21st, 2017, 03:34 PM   #1
Major Player

Modern solid-state recording options for HD-100

Hi folks. Although I recently purchased an URSA Mini 4K, there are still times I'd like to make use of the good-old GY-HD100 we've had since 2006, mostly because of the ENG-style lens and great physical controls.

That said, has anyone had success with any modern (i.e. circa 2016-2017) options adding solid-state recording to this camera? For example, something that could take the HDV (not likely) or component analog (more likely) output and record to SD cards or SSD drives.

I've toyed around with getting one of those "game recorders" that record component video to H.264, but just wondering if anyone has found a good solution for this in the modern era.
Made with GY-HD100: The Container Adventures: The Rescue
Earl Thurston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2017, 12:57 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Modern solid-state recording options for HD-100

I picked up a mint HD110 for next to nothing last year and then a Datavideo DN-60 from eBay - works well in HD 720 using the FW out of the camera.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:27 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Modern solid-state recording options for HD-100

I used Data-Video DN-60s for several years with my Canon HDV cameras. They are great recorders. But I finally had to upgrade cameras because CF cards that are compatible with the DN-60s are no longer being made. All the new cards are UDMA 7, which are incompatible with the DN-60. So, you will have to find some old cards somewhere if you need more than one card. The new DN-60s come with a 16GB card.

Again, I used my DN-60s for years on hundreds of jobs. They're great. But you probably won't be able to get any cards for them.

Sorry for the bad news.

Here's the latest link for supported cards: https://datavideocorporation.desk.co...atibility-list

Maybe you can find someone selling a used DN-60 who will include some working cards in the deal. That's how I sold mine.

Roger

Last edited by Roger Van Duyn; April 22nd, 2017 at 05:36 AM. Reason: added a link
Roger Van Duyn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems