DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Jvc gy-hd110 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/535931-jvc-gy-hd110.html)

Randy Johnson May 31st, 2018 02:03 PM

Jvc gy-hd110

Not sure where to post this, this isnt a post where im trying use the forum to sell. I just need some advice I have 2 GY-HD110s sitting here that I have to get rid of im tired of looking at them I know no one uses them anymore. Any thoughts of how to sell/donate them without having to just throw them away,

Chris Hurd May 31st, 2018 04:43 PM

Re: Jvc gy-hd110

Moved to our JVC ProHD GY-HD series forum. Hopefully some folks here will have some input for you.

Alex Humphrey June 4th, 2018 12:56 PM

Posted link to a friend who might be interested.

Courtney Baynes June 4th, 2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Johnson (Post 1944418)
Not sure where to post this, this isnt a post where im trying use the forum to sell. I just need some advice I have 2 GY-HD110s sitting here that I have to get rid of im tired of looking at them I know no one uses them anymore. Any thoughts of how to sell/donate them without having to just throw them away,

I would love to take it off of your hands! Would you donate?

I’ll cover shipping!

Cary Knoop June 4th, 2018 07:26 PM

Why not donate them to your local school.

I could take them to my local school but I am in the other Newark across the country :)

Derek Heeps June 23rd, 2018 03:15 AM

These cameras are still quite popular and regularly sell on eBay .

You’d get money for them on there .

Paul R Johnson June 23rd, 2018 08:20 AM

Beg to differ. They do appear on Ebay, and always sell for peanuts. One went a few weeks back for £150, and a 111 went for £170. The real trouble is that old video kit is worth far more than it ever fetches. I still have a working Sony Betacam, cost me over 28 grand in 1997 I think. Nobody wants it, but I cannot scrap it. I did scrap it's brother when the tape transport failed. I still have a JVC 500, a 5000, and some 110s - they all work, and for what I'd get, I keep them. The old college where I taught - didn't want them. They need to teach currency, not history - so non-linear is essential nowadays. Tape is history.

Randy Johnson July 2nd, 2018 05:15 PM

At this point I think the lenses are the most useful thing. I think if I could get $200 us each that would be worth it.

Paul R Johnson July 3rd, 2018 03:14 AM

Demand for the lenses here is quite low - confined to people needing replacements - ⅓" lenses are not that common, so the market is quite small. Probably much better in the US due to the size of the country?

Kurt Franz October 14th, 2018 06:37 AM

Hi

I would give Ebay a shot. 2 months ago I sold my kit which included the charger 2 batteries and the AB adapter with a dead dionic 40. It was out there a few weeks and i got $700 for it. Guy that bought it was still using them and needed another one when one of his stopped working.

Seems like those and canon XL and sony pd 150 and 170 are still fetching 200 -400 bucks if they are clean and working with the accessories. not a fortune mind you but still worth trying to sell

kf