1/2" Canon lens on HD100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 1st, 2005, 12:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

1/2" Canon lens on HD100

Hi.
I have a 1/2" Canon IF YH18x6,7K12U lens on my GY-DV500.
I would appreciate any opinions wether that lens would do any better then the standard fujinon objective on the HD100?

Anyone tried the 1/2" converter?
Kristian Indrehus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 12:28 PM   #2
Trustee

This lens is not an HD lens... I doubt it worth the efforts to adapt it.
Old November 1st, 2005, 03:05 PM   #3
Major Player

As far as I understand none of the lens in the JVC list from their "HD100 System" chart (for use with the 1/2" adaptor) are HD lens.
Guy Barwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 03:30 PM   #4
Contributor

My rough guess is that it would be better. But wouldn't there be a multiplier too--ie., if the 1/2" lens is 10mm at its widest, that might be significantly less wide when used on a 1/3" chip camera.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 04:39 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks guys. I´m trying to figure out if I can make use of my investments in lens, anton bauer battery pack etc. I´m deciding this month wether to go for the Canon or the JVC. I´m going to Zanzibar Afrika in january to do wild-life for WWF and of course I want to do that in 16/9 HD. I would normally go for the JVC because that`s the closest to what I´m used to. (Manual lense, knobs beeing at the right places etc.) Canon on the other hand seems like a good alternative for shoot and run..(from the lions). Anyway, I guess I can´t expect too much from my old lence then. More front heavy, less wide, probably no more resolution, maybe less color abb.

Thanks again.
pk
Kristian Indrehus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 04:19 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Guy Barwood has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - 1/2" Canon lens on HD100. -----------

The following reply from Guy didn´t seem to make it through the site upgrade yesterday, but I had a good laugh reading it so I´d like to explain.

**** Quote ****
I would have thought the crop factor of using a 1/2" lens would be an advantage when on Safari in Africa. How close do you plan on getting to those lions?!

Actually we are filming very friendly -but soon to be extinct- monkeys, of the size that sits on your shoulder. So "wide" could be important. We will also be shooting (video that is) from an air balloon, ie we´ll be perfectly safe.

pk
Kristian Indrehus is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems