Big day/First HD job with HD100-Mini35 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 20th, 2005, 01:18 AM   #46
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Weaver
HD Pro Single Link. I didn't use it to capture, only to be able to monitor properly for color-correction.

Are you asking if I recorded to HDV? I did.
Hi Nate I checked the DeckLink website for the card you used, but can't find it. Do you have the exact model number? I assume this will work for me too. I need one myself to view HD with my new Sony Monitor. Also, do you use the HD100U camera to capture?

thanks
Brian Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2005, 06:19 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Nate, tell me if I am wrong but did you use the Decklink to monitor out of FCP after you had captured in via firewire? If so can you use a decklink to monitor out of adobe/pinnacle?
Sean Livingstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2005, 11:22 AM   #48
Wrangler

Brian:

The Decklink site is a little hard to follow if you don't know what you need. You want "DeckLink HD Pro 4:2:2" for $995. There is no model number. The lesser cards have no analog out. The more expensive card has dual-link, which is overkill for most folks.

If you have about $800 more available to spend, the Kona LH is the card to have. It allows analog capture and more flexible software drivers.

Sean:

You got it right. Decklink, in a PC, is only compatible with Premiere Pro I believe.
Old December 20th, 2005, 12:56 PM   #49
New Boot

nate where can i see your video?

Nate is there a copy of the video you shot with the jvc and mini 35 available?
I went to your website but wasn't sure if it's up yet.
Please let me know
thanks
sharlto
Sharlto Copley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2005, 02:07 PM   #50
Major Player

Nate's video that was shot with the JVC and 35mm adapter is on his site... its in the link where reel is... its the first one on the top left(a man screaming) is the little photo on the link.
Giuseppe Pugliese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2005, 02:30 PM   #51
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Weaver
Brian:

The Decklink site is a little hard to follow if you don't know what you need. You want "DeckLink HD Pro 4:2:2" for $995. There is no model number. The lesser cards have no analog out. The more expensive card has dual-link, which is overkill for most folks.

If you have about $800 more available to spend, the Kona LH is the card to have. It allows analog capture and more flexible software drivers.

Sean:

You got it right. Decklink, in a PC, is only compatible with Premiere Pro I believe.
Nate, Don't you want to capture digtally? I guess the outputs from the HD100 are analogue, correct? What if you use the harddisk? Can't that allow you to capture in digital full uncompressed resolution. You know I am new to this, so bare with my questions please. Looking into the Kona right now.
Brian Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2005, 06:53 PM   #52
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Duke
Nate, Don't you want to capture digtally? I guess the outputs from the HD100 are analogue, correct?
Well nate did capture digitally via the Firewire, but the camera can out uncompressed HD analog, someone correct me if I am wrong but to use a decklink card you you need a HD-SDI convertor.
Sean Livingstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 06:56 PM   #53
Trustee

I want to see it!! all your mac.com homepage pics don't work, says they can't be found...
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 07:20 PM   #54
Wrangler

I had to change the URL on the production pics because a Static-X fan site found them, and kids were making all sorts of inaccurate speculation about the video because of them. (hrm, sounds like here and another camera right now!)

http://homepage.mac.com/nweaver/Sites/PhotoAlbum42.html

The video can be seen here:

http://homepage.mac.com/nweaver/Sites/dirthouseext.html
Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:01 PM   #55
Trustee

sick dude.

so what are your thoughts on using the 35mm system on that camera in HD? how does the 1280x720 master look for softness and grain amount?
Obin Olson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems