JVC Charger- Not JVC Batteries at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old November 8th, 2005, 03:26 AM   #1
Regular Crew

JVC Charger- Not JVC Batteries

I have just recieved a couple of non-original batteries (ebay specials) for the HD100- they seem to work fine, however, the lights on the JVC charger stay off when I plug them in. Has anybody else noticed this? Are the batterys charging? I am obviously going to run them down and try all the tricks but intelligent input on this would be welcome.

On a slightly different note I have sent another one of these cheapo batteries to be gutted and have a 12V-7.2V transformer inside, it will terminate in a 4 pin XLR. This way I can run off 12V blocks, my aaton cells, any 12V source in fact (I shoot a lot of wildlife from a car (door mount) so i can plug into a Bosch plug that I have fitted close to the mount), I will post pics once it is back.

If anybody has any thought about the strange battery phenomena please speak.

Thanks,

James

DP
Earthmedia Imaging and Film
Maputo, Mozambique
James Ewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2005, 04:06 AM   #2
Wrangler

Barry Green knows a bit about problems related to third party batteries. The search function isn't working again, so I can't find his postings on the matter, but maybe you can try the search function later this morning.
Tim Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2005, 05:50 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Our search function is glitchy in a few of our boards including this one... we're workin' on it... sorry for the hassle.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2005, 06:32 AM   #4
Wrangler

Thanks Chris.
Tim Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2005, 06:56 AM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

When in doubt, try http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/search.php

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2005, 12:17 PM   #6
Major Player

I've read some posts saying those cheap batteries from ebay didn't work with the HD100.

I wouldn't trust those you have, if the light on the charger doesn't turn on is because they're not similar to JVC originals. I'm not an expert on this matter, but low quality batteries may damage your camera. You can find originals on Ebay from sellers who upgrade to big batteries and put their JVC on sale.

I purchased some Power2000 batteries and they work fine, even better than the JVC ones, and the charger lights turn on.
Diogo Athouguia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2005, 08:24 PM   #7
Barry Wan Kenobi

I used a third-party battery with the HD100, and it worked fine in the camera, but the charger refused to charge it. However, the charger from the HD1 charged it just fine. So I don't know quite what to tell you, other than to say that it doesn't sound like your charger will work with those batteries. That's not to say that it won't work with every third-party battery; maybe there are some that it will work with. But it didn't work with the battery I had, and it sounds like it's not working with the ones you've got.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2005, 10:55 PM   #8
Major Player

Ok time to gloat. I gave in and purchased the IDX system and if you can stomach the expense it has been a very liberating experience (both financially and as far as actual use of the camera goes). The battery does actually balance out the camera for shoulder work very nicely

Rob
Robert Castiglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2005, 01:15 AM   #9
Regular Crew

I bougt a third part battery from http://www.globalmediapro.com/do/product/1039/ and they worked exacly the same way like the oririnals battery, both with the charger and the camera.

I also bought a big Globalmediapro battery fitting the Anton Bauer goldmount: http://www.globalmediapro.com/do/product/1105/. You are not able to see how long it will last in the wiuvfinder, but you have indicators at the battery. I have only used it for one day and I stil have 3 of 4 lights left on the indicator :) so it seems to last long.
Mikael Widerberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems