DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Realtime Display with AB Gold Mount? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/54156-realtime-display-ab-gold-mount.html)

Tim Dashwood November 10th, 2005 01:41 PM

Realtime Display with AB Gold Mount?

Has anyone been able to get the "RealTime Display" that supposedly should show up when using the Anton Bauer mount? I still just get the normal voltage readout.

http://www.antonbauer.com/pdf-files/ProHD%20Sheet.pdf

Warren Shultz November 10th, 2005 04:56 PM

That's all I get as well.

Steve Mullen November 10th, 2005 08:12 PM

I just read through stuff a few weeks back. Is it possible only one of the batteries supports this -- DIONIC90.

Tom Valens November 10th, 2005 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Mullen
I just read through stuff a few weeks back. Is it possible only one of the batteries supports this -- DIONIC90.

I have the Dionic 90 battery and can't get any readout either. I talked with Anton Bauer yesterday and was told it was a setting somewhere deep in the HD100 menu. But I since reviewed all the menu settings and couldn't find it anywhere.

- Tom

Tim Dashwood November 10th, 2005 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Valens
I have the Dionic 90 battery and can't get any readout either. I talked with Anton Bauer yesterday and was told it was a setting somewhere deep in the HD100 menu. But I since reviewed all the menu settings and couldn't find it anywhere.

- Tom

and I searched the advanced menu and couldn't find anything. There is a Battery display item, but the only options are OFF and AUTO though.
Maybe it will show up when I get my firmware updated. I'm on 1.14 still.

Jiri Bakala November 10th, 2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
and I searched the advanced menu ...

Maybe the diagnostics menu?

John Mitchell November 15th, 2005 07:24 AM

Not working -

Anton Bauer are blaming the JVC software. The advanced settings referred are in the service menu not he advanced menu.

It will only work on batteries that have the fuel feed (eg Dionics) but it seems like something awaiting a firmware fix.

If I'd bought the actual AB kit (and not just the adapter) I'd be kicking up a fuss at both JVC and Anton Bauer as they clearly advertise it as a feature.

Tim Dashwood November 15th, 2005 08:26 AM

Oh Well. I just did a full day shoot outside in 10C (50F) weather and one 88Whr battery lasted at least 5 hours (1 hr total of recording on tape - 4 hours on pause.) I didn't even let it run dead, but switched it when the battery meter on the battery was down to 1 LED (out of 4.)
The voltage indicator indicated 7.3V all day until the last hour when it went down to 7.2V. I have two of these batteries for each camera, so considering the fact that the batteries charge faster than you can deplete them, I could keep shooting non-stop.

Dave Beaty November 15th, 2005 09:26 PM

I have Dionic 90's as well. No readout. But with the length of runtime, and the LED's on the batteries I'm not concerned. We had a 7 hour shoot today and switched batteries at about 5 hours. This included having the power on all day and using a Marshall LCD monitor connected to the powertap for sometime as will. What a breath of fresh air coming from BetaSP.

I need to find a light weight 2 foot component video cable to go from the HD100 outputs to the monitor mounted on the shoe mount.

Dave B

John Mitchell November 17th, 2005 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
Oh Well. I just did a full day shoot outside in 10C (50F) weather and one 88Whr battery lasted at least 5 hours (1 hr total of recording on tape - 4 hours on pause.) I didn't even let it run dead, but switched it when the battery meter on the battery was down to 1 LED (out of 4.)
The voltage indicator indicated 7.3V all day until the last hour when it went down to 7.2V. I have two of these batteries for each camera, so considering the fact that the batteries charge faster than you can deplete them, I could keep shooting non-stop.

Yeah similar situation here. Interestingly AB just swapped my adapter out as my original was set to 8.0V and the batteries would curiously "die" early while still showing 4 LEDs. The new one is 7.3 like yours and I'm getting much longer run times.