DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   How to "show" the split screen... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/55063-how-show-split-screen.html)

Jordi Dusanek November 27th, 2005 05:29 AM

How to "show" the split screen...

Hi,

the next Wednesday I will buy the hd-100e, and it seems that almost every unit have the split screen problem. But i've read here and in other forums that the split screen happens in different lighting conditions in every camcorder. It seems that on some units only happens in very low light situations, and in anothers you can see it more often. That is my impression after reading this and other forums, corrrect me if I'm wrong :/

What I want to know is the common lighting conditions to show the split screen, so I can view how "bad" it is before buy the camcorder. I will try the camcorder before buy it, but it's my firts jvc cam and I don't know anything about how to use it well. Are there any special configuration to show exactly when the split screen happens?

Are there more things that I should check before buy it? The cam is very expensive here, almost 8.000 $ (7.000 euro), and I want to be sure to buy a unit without defects.

Thx in advance, and sorry for my english. Oh and this forum is the best ^^.

Robert Niemann November 27th, 2005 06:36 AM

Problems or defects - that is the question.
Try to provoke the split screen effect by filming in low light and with high gain.
Other things, You should check before buying:

2. dead pixels
3. smear
4. breathing (lens)
5. chromatic aberration (lens)

And the battery pack is good only for 40 minutes.
By the way (because You wrote, that the cam is very espensive): Meanwhile here in Germany you can get the HD101 new for around 6.000 Euro (including value-added tax). Maybe You want to buy it here, if You live in the European Union.

Jordi Dusanek November 27th, 2005 08:05 AM

Ok, thank you, I will check all that things before buy. One more question,can I see the split screen in the lcd or viewfinder of the cam or only in a monitor or tv?

Stephen L. Noe November 27th, 2005 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordi Dusanek
Ok, thank you, I will check all that things before buy. One more question,can I see the split screen in the lcd or viewfinder of the cam or only in a monitor or tv?

It would be much more apparent on an external CRT monitor than on the camera's LCD.

Robert Castiglione November 28th, 2005 06:51 AM

Dear Jordi,

Also it is much more apparent against a flat surface with a single colour in low light conditions. That I think is a pretty reliable test for you to see if you have a problem unit.

Dont forget, let the unit warm up for 5 mins or so though as this is supposed to significantly minimise the problem.

Rob