ColorBar output of the HD100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 15th, 2005, 05:18 AM   #1
Major Player

ColorBar output of the HD100

I finally got my HD100. I was calibrating my monitors with the build-in ColorBar. When I use the HDV rack from Serious Magic i see that the colors are not exactly following the specification looking at the vectorscope.
So now I'm confused to know if the build-in ColorBar is good enough or not to do some good calibration... or is the DV rack not correct on HDV?
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #2
Wrangler

When I tested the colour bars from the analog out into my scope (NTSC downconvert) they were very accurate - matched my house bars exactly.

What settings do you have the DVrack scope set to and what reference are you comparing it to? Are you comparing it to SMPTE bars with 7.5 setup or without? The HDV signal will have 0 setup added.
Old December 16th, 2005, 03:53 AM   #3
Major Player

I'll check the setting for 0 IRE. that could be it.
Thanks Tim.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems