DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HD capture utility (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/56428-hd-capture-utility.html)

Werner Wesp December 19th, 2005 06:34 PM

HD capture utility

I'm having my GY-HD101E for about 2 weeks now, and my software seems inadequate to nicely capture the software: problem is: is the cam goes in "mode changing" it goes offline, and my capture software has a hard time coping with that. Also, for no reason it seems to fail every now and then (about 3 times every tape of 60 minutes....

With the JVC HD10 there was a "HD Capture Utility", I was wondering wether that would solve my problem. Is there anyone out there that can make it available to me, so I can test wether it solves the problem? And if so, where can I buy it?

Thanks

Marc Colemont December 19th, 2005 11:15 PM

Hi Werner,
With my DVrack software it also goes nuts during the 'mode changing' when I play video from the HD100 and I want to record. Then it starts making hundreds of little unusable files.
With the AspectHD HDlink software it goes flawlessly.
What type of software are you using to capture?

Werner Wesp December 20th, 2005 03:49 AM

Cineform Connect HD and Sony Vegas. Sony Vegas poses the biggest problem. After going nuts on the "mode changing" it seems to run fine, but after a while it just stops capturing...

Barry Green December 20th, 2005 05:48 AM

The JVC utility was called "Pixela HD Capture." It came on a CD with the JVC HD1. I don't know if it's available anywhere, but presumably anyone with an HD1 or HD10 should have access to it. I don't know if it was freeware or is copyrighted either; it may not be lawful for someone to share it...

Werner Wesp December 20th, 2005 08:05 AM

I can't find it anywhere, So I doubt it is copyrighted. Anyway, I guess that should be in the 'about' box, then....

Any way to get this piece of software at all?

Stephen L. Noe December 20th, 2005 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werner Wesp
I'm having my GY-HD101E for about 2 weeks now, and my software seems inadequate to nicely capture the software: problem is: is the cam goes in "mode changing" it goes offline, and my capture software has a hard time coping with that. Also, for no reason it seems to fail every now and then (about 3 times every tape of 60 minutes....
Thanks

I think mode changing means that you may have recorded 24p and 25p (or 30p) to the same tape. When the playback hits a different frame rate it will reboot the system into that frame rate (aka mode change). In which case the camera will reboot no matter what capture software you try. Have you tried the free CapDVHS?

Are you sure you have not recorded multiple formats to the same tape?

David Newman December 20th, 2005 10:34 AM

The "mode changing" error, were you capturing using Sony Vegas, or with the HDLink tool included with Connect HD? HDlink/Connect HD should be very stable for capturing from the new JVC camera, even if the camera mode is changed on the tape.

Barry Green December 20th, 2005 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werner Wesp
I can't find it anywhere, So I doubt it is copyrighted. Anyway, I guess that should be in the 'about' box, then....

Any way to get this piece of software at all?

The help file says "copyright 2002-2003 Pixela Corporation".

It was distributed on a CD in the box with the HD1. But in Europe you guys didn't get the same product, you got a non-HD-enabled GR-PD1, IIRC. But it still had an MPEG-2 576/50P mode, which is (according to the HD100) still "HDV", so perhaps the European PD1 did include it?

Any European PD1 users who can help Werner out?

Here's the website of the company that developed the capture app, if this helps:
http://www.pixela.co.jp/en/products/software/

Werner Wesp December 26th, 2005 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Green
Any European PD1 users who can help Werner out?

apparently not... :-(

Graham Jones February 11th, 2006 08:42 AM

"Pixela MPEG Capture Utility" is what comes bundled with the PD1.

I'll e-mail the very short user guide if you give me your e-mail adress Werner.

Tim Holtermann February 11th, 2006 10:06 AM

The Mode Changing is not happening because you have recorded in a zillion different formats. It's happening because the latest firmware on the HD100 is BROKEN!

If you simply connect your HD100 to windows (assuming it installs the drivers when it sees the device) and hit play on the HD100 (no capture software loaded) you will hear the windows chime of the camera being disconnect and then connected. Most capture programs including CineForm are not designed to handle the camera going bye bye before coming back to life. In fact the HD100 is the only camera that does this. This is not normal and the little birdies claim this must be addressed in the future.

If you have an older firmware you might be lucky and not have this problem. I suspect this is why some people have this problem and others don't. JVC finally has a chance to flex its muscle but if they continue with these type of mistakes they will be dead in the water.

Robert M Wright February 15th, 2006 02:44 PM

I too, would like a copy of the capture utility that came with the HD1/HD10. I purchased a used HD10U last year, but the seller had misplaced the cd for it (everything else was there and in very good condition).

With the capture utility that came with the HD1/HD10 is it possible to capture directly to disk via firewire (no tape)?

Graham Jones February 15th, 2006 03:08 PM

I can send anyone what I sent Werner - the Pixela Mpeg Capture Utility. It's what was bundled with the PD1, and captures DV, PS50, Hi-Res.

I can't see how it would be useful on a HD100 or HD101 but then again, you never know..

Maybe Werner will post here if the software helps.

Robert M Wright February 15th, 2006 03:27 PM

Graham - I'd appreciate it very much if you could send a copy to me at robertmwright@aol.com .