DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   I can't effing beleive it (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/56443-i-cant-effing-beleive.html)

Nate Weaver December 19th, 2005 08:33 PM

I can't effing beleive it

Another FCP update has come and no HD100 support.

I'll take small solace in the fact that there's no 24F support for Canon either yet, but it's starting to look like they're waiting to roll this all into 5.5, which I'm guessing will happen around NAB.

Erg! Arg!

Chris Hurd December 19th, 2005 09:26 PM

No chance for MacWorld (second week in January)? Or is this the MacWorld update?

Nick Hiltgen December 19th, 2005 09:51 PM

Yeah it seems funny that they're all about releasing a way to seemlessly intigrate your hvx200 which isn't released but you canon and jvc guys are out of luck...

Shannon Rawls December 19th, 2005 10:14 PM

billion dollar companies can be idiots too.

David Newman December 19th, 2005 11:12 PM

Fortunately these billion dollar company's leave some nice big holes in the market for little companies like ours to make a good business. Thank you Apple, this was a pleasant end of year bonus for us. :)

Not using a Panasonic Tapeless Wonder but you want 24p HD support, visit www.cineform.com.

Ken Hodson December 19th, 2005 11:37 PM

I strongly believe there is a Pana / apple handshake deal. I bet the HDV support will arrive shortly after the Pana launches with full FCP support. Even if you are late to market, it is a big marketing point to be first with 24p support in FCP. I hope this sways some users to build PC's.

Paolo Ciccone December 19th, 2005 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Weaver
Another FCP update has come and no HD100 support.
Erg! Arg!

Yeap. I'm glad I decided to buy HDVxDV, I wasn't sure about purchasing it so close to another FCP release but you defintely gotta reward the pioneers in this field.

--
Paolo

Nate Weaver December 19th, 2005 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Hodson
I bet the HDV support will arrive shortly after the Pana launches with full FCP support.

I see what you mean. Makes sense.

Brian Duke December 20th, 2005 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman
Fortunately these billion dollar company's leave some nice big holes in the market for little companies like ours to make a good business. Thank you Apple, this was a pleasant end of year bonus for us. :)

Not using a Panasonic Tapeless Wonder but you want 24p HD support, visit www.cineform.com.

I already have HDXxDV and Lumeire for HD100U to FCP5. What is the difference between those and yours?

David Newman December 20th, 2005 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Duke
I already have HDXxDV and Lumeire for HD100U to FCP5. What is the difference between those and yours?

Performance, quality through our own codec, and the PC.